Loners - Have you got a partner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally think you cannot, unless you meet someone who doesn't care about having a social life.

Think a few years down the line when you both get bored of each other and want some other type of company. People get sick of each other after a certain amount of time. All relationships with anyone has an expiry date.

That's life.

Naleena said:
I believe it is possible to be autonomous AND have a healthy relationship. It's good when two people can respect each other as seperate entities. Nothing is more wearing to me than someone
who expects my every waking moment to be devoted to "us."
While I recognize the impotance of a mate and their needs/feelings (and do my best to be sensitive to that within reason) I also feel a responsibility to others out side of my little circle. Some people would be happy to live soley for each other and forget the rest of humanity. I can not.

I would like some day to have a relationship with someone who will let me live my life volunteering, working and at the end of the day come home to him a happy, fulfilled, human being. It would be even better if his heart was into making the world a better place. : )
I believe that two people can be together and that having a seperate life where they are allowed to do what fulfills them can make for a great relationship.

I have also wondered if that is even possible to attain for myself. With the relationships I have been in, I have yet to find that. The men I meet seem to want to tie themselves to me yet remained
unable to accept me as I am or worse yet, they don't support me. I am an eccentric,weird bird. I know. I accept that. Perhaps I am not wife material? I have thought this many times after my breakup. It's one of the reasons I am not dating right now.

Is it possible to be both, I think so. Is it attainable, I have faith that it is. If it never happens for me, will I be devastated and regret my life? No, never! :)

you know, i bet all of the males on this forum like you ;)

Naleena said:
I believe it is possible to be autonomous AND have a healthy relationship. It's good when two people can respect each other as seperate entities. Nothing is more wearing to me than someone

et cetra, et cetra

I would like some day to have a relationship with someone who will let me live my life volunteering, working and at the end of the day come home to him a happy, fulfilled, human being.

et cetra
I believe that two people can be together and that having a seperate life where they are allowed to do what fulfills them can make for a great relationship.

Wow. You sound awesome.
Do you wanna get married? Like right now? I can go get some rings out of the vending machine :p

At any rate...I have friends, but I don't really go out and do things a whole lot besides work. But a girl recently started taking an interest in me.

It also bears mentioning though that she, also, does not get out as much as she'd like to.

anime girlboy said:
Naleena said:
While I recognize the impotance of a mate and their needs/feelings (and do my best to be sensitive to that within reason) I also feel a responsibility to others out side of my little circle. Some people would be happy to live soley for each other and forget the rest of humanity. I can not.

I would like some day to have a relationship with someone who will let me live my life volunteering, working and at the end of the day come home to him a happy, fulfilled, human being. It would be even better if his heart was into making the world a better place. : )

I have also wondered if that is even possible to attain for myself. With the relationships I have been in, I have yet to find that. The men I meet seem to want to tie themselves to me yet remained
unable to accept me as I am or worse yet, they don't support me. I am an eccentric,weird bird. I know. I accept that. Perhaps I am not wife material? I have thought this many times after my breakup. It's one of the reasons I am not dating right now.

Is it possible to be both, I think so. Is it attainable, I have faith that it is. If it never happens for me, will I be devastated and regret my life? No, never! :)

you know, i bet all of the males on this forum like you ;)

They sure should do - I know I do. nal has tried to help me in the past.

I'd donate a kidney to have a woman like her

i rather be a loner and in a relationship . than on my own.
atleast then got something to open ur heart about to ur partner :p

Still don't get it....How can someone be lonely being in relationship, unless he/she/they don't attractive to he/she/each other. And why do you need such relationship anyway ?

No, because if you're in a relationship you're not a loner. A real loner's only partner is his/her loneliness.

ragingbull17 said:
No, because if you're in a relationship you're not a loner. A real loner's only partner is his/her loneliness.

not true, you can be lonely in a relationship......

although all us loners out there would be immensly envious of anyone who says he/she is lonely but in a relationship... and it sounds greedy/selfish/whiny to me.

anime girlboy said:
ragingbull17 said:

not true, you can be lonely in a relationship......

although all us loners out there would be immensly envious of anyone who says he/she is lonely but in a relationship... and it sounds greedy/selfish/whiny to me.

I think it can be wires when your in a relationship and you feel lonely. I am lonely but its kinder obverse ,probably to any on looker. But if you appear to be happy and constant and in a loving relationships and you feel lonely. Would be moor difficult to expect ppl to understand. But relationships can become distant. Then your lonely why living with someone that doesn't understand you are even try to. That I think could be a weirs feeling.

Will anyone here give me answer on my question ?

How can someone be lonely being in relationship, unless he/she/they don't attractive to he/she/each other. And why do you need such relationship anyway ?

SunWeb said:
Will anyone here give me answer on my question ?

How can someone be lonely being in relationship, unless he/she/they don't attractive to he/she/each other. And why do you need such relationship anyway ?

SunWeb, I have experienced being lonely while in a relationship even though we find each other attractive and love each other.

When my bf and I were living together I would feel great every second I spent with my bf. However, every time he went for a guy's night out or down the pub with his friends I would feel incredibly lonely, because I didn't have any friends to go for a night out with myself. I would be stuck in a flat on my own with nowhere to go and no one to talk to.

It was worse when I was unemployed and had to spend most of the day without him. He works shifts which made me see him even less.
So I guess I was only lonely when he wasn't around, guess that makes sense..

If bf & I were living together and were both working 9-5 I would be less lonely, but the loneliness wouldn't go away completely until I got a good female friend to spend time with too. I feel I need that in my life.

naw such a sad story. *hugs oceanmist23*

its easier to find friends when you're in a relationship though. i think. you should invite someone over for tea/cofee.

anime girlboy said:

its easier to find friends when you're in a relationship though. i think. you should invite someone over for tea/cofee.

Aww thanks for the hugs anime :) *hugs back*

I too think it's easier to find friends when in a relationship.

However I'm guessing you don't know my situation so I have to tell you lol.
I'm in a long-distance relationship. He's in England, I'm in Norway.
We lived together from 2006-2007. We're still together, but since we're not living in the same country I'm afraid I can't invite people over for tea...
But things will get better, especially when I get a job I think, so I can meet new people through there. I'm staying positive! :)

Hummm long distance.... we have a fellow member...akira.... she is into long distance too... and if I am not wrong, she lives quite near you!

Ah well, for me, let me see, I have my bushy tail, my wiskers, and my lonely self....*breaks out in tears*....who am i kidding... I have no one except myself =(

It seems that even people with access to water get thirsty from time to time.

Oceanmist23 said:
anime girlboy said:

Aww thanks for the hugs anime :) *hugs back*

I too think it's easier to find friends when in a relationship.

However I'm guessing you don't know my situation so I have to tell you lol.
I'm in a long-distance relationship. He's in England, I'm in Norway.
We lived together from 2006-2007. We're still together, but since we're not living in the same country I'm afraid I can't invite people over for tea...
But things will get better, especially when I get a job I think, so I can meet new people through there. I'm staying positive! :)

i meant tea/coffee as in drinking tea or coffee(whichever your preference, personally i like tea), not sex... i think you thought i implied that?

anime girlboy said:
i meant tea/coffee as in drinking tea or coffee(whichever your preference, personally i like tea), not sex... i think you thought i implied that?

WHAT?! LOL!!! Anime, I NEVER thought you were talking about sex!!
I wrote what I wrote so that you would understand that I can't invite anyone over for tea/coffee because I don't live with my boyfriend!
I have no friends, he has loads. I live in Norway, he lives in England. In order for me to invite some of HIS friends over for tea to get to know them better, they would have to jump on a plane and fly across the North Sea! And I think that's a bit harsh haha :D :D

Btw, I prefer tea too :p

Edit: Apart from HIS friends, I will gladly invite someone over for tea, like a future co-worker for example. Fingers crossed on that :)

Antihero said:
It seems that even people with access to water get thirsty from time to time.

That is a very interesting thing to say and in a thread like this.

I think I kinder get what you mean all thou you could take that in a few ways.

OK I leave you for now old wise buddha ;)

to Oceanmist23
Long distance relationship is not what I meant. Have you think of living in the same city ? Personaly I think that if you are planing the real family (that is what serious relationships are need for) you can't live in separate cities.
I was talking about realy strong relationships.

Latest posts

Back