look at that furry

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

perfanoff

What the hell am I supposed to do with this furry?
8YOAz4H.jpg

Somebody rang my doorbell that she wanted to come in the block of apartments. It looks domesticated. Just look how snow white it is. I'm not sure if it's a girl and it's pregnant but she beelined for the underground level door and literally stuck its snout in the corner, at the door there. Brought it some meat but it wouldn't eat it.

I kinda decided to chase it away because tomorrow it's gonna be me cleaning piss from the floor... but it REALLY wanted to be in that corner, even when I chased it away physically, it came back to the exact same spot and meowed some more. The front door was open for a while and it never tried to get out.

The 2rd time I tried to chase it away it fussed at me ._.

I left it a small rag there in hope it's gonna piss on it instead of on something else. I might have taken it home but I rent so.. I don't think my landlord would appreciate some animal in their place.

So what the hell?

P.S. Does it look pregnant to you? If it is I'd have to REALLY chase it away right now..

Just looks like any other cat to me, pregnant or not, but that might be because I'm not crazy about them.

Do you have a type of RSPCA where you are? If so, that's your option, surely.

Not really. It wouldn't be realistic. There's thousands of stray cats in the city I live in. They scavenge like the seagulls and the dogs (dogs have started to disappear nowadays)

I know what you mean, I think there's 5 cats to every house here. Most get neglected and are mostly just chucked out, dunno about you, but I'd rather have birds than cats.

perfanoff said:
I might have taken it home but I rent so.. I don't think my landlord would appreciate some animal in their place.

Aww, he/she is adorable, Perf - really beautiful coat. But, hard to tell if she is pregnant just from a photo.

You might talk to the landlord and just gauge his reaction. You never know, lots of rental places are cool with pets.

There's a lot of fur on that cat so it's hard to tell. That said, it definitely doesn't look like a typical stray cat to me. In fact it seems someone took a lot of care grooming it, so it might have run off from an owner quite recently. Maybe put up some signs around the area with that picture, and hope someone recognizes it? If that doesn't work you can call a shelter or just give it away to someone you know.

Revengineer said:
There's a lot of fur on that cat so it's hard to tell. That said, it definitely doesn't look like a typical stray cat to me. In fact it seems someone took a lot of care grooming it, so it might have run off from an owner quite recently. Maybe put up some signs around the area with that picture, and hope someone recognizes it? If that doesn't work you can call a shelter or just give it away to someone you know.

I second the putting the signs around... but I'm not too sure about calling a shelter (if you do, let them know that they might just be a runaway) or giving her away so quickly right now. You say that she's very protective and defensive about staying in that spot, I figure it must be for a very good reason. Hopefully s/he's not sick.

If I was you, which I'm not, I would temporarily sneak her into my house, until someone claimed "ownership". But hopefully no one would, then we'd would fall in luv and live happily ever after.

Oh boy the neighbor called police on me for checking in the middle of the night what this cat is doing.

Apparently I've woken him up and I'm a prisoner in the confines of my apartment during the night.

He said he saw me.. he didn't need to call the freaking POLICE when he knows it's me just ring the ******* doorbell and tell me I've woken him up.

I managed a quick peek and it does seem that his bedroom is directly visible from the front door? I mean how are you making it MY ******* fault that you chose a shitty apartment and hear EVERYTHING going on on the staircase. And I'm frankly offended because he asked me if I'm "normal" - because I'm awake at this time.

Sometimes I HATE people.

He called the police because you standing around your own front door woke him up? And he asked YOU if you're normal? Seems like a massive over-reaction if you ask me.

Tell him to come and live next door to me. I hate my current neighbour anyway; One more isn't going to bother me.

Stay away from it. Friendly stray furry just cost me almost $400.00- Kid was petting stray (who's sick) then gives Pogs a virus when she was later playing with him.

Oh ya, the $400.00 was the vets bill to save Furry Fucknuts....

So much for a new mattress this month.

perfanoff said:
Oh boy the neighbor called police on me for checking in the middle of the night what this cat is doing.

Apparently I've woken him up and I'm a prisoner in the confines of my apartment during the night.

He said he saw me.. he didn't need to call the freaking POLICE when he knows it's me just ring the ******* doorbell and tell me I've woken him up.

I managed a quick peek and it does seem that his bedroom is directly visible from the front door? I mean how are you making it MY ******* fault that you chose a shitty apartment and hear EVERYTHING going on on the staircase. And I'm frankly offended because he asked me if I'm "normal" - because I'm awake at this time.

Sometimes I HATE people.

Ah I see now.
Gosh. Seriously.

Ignore this crazy neighbour of yours. That was so uncalled for.

Also, that cat is so adorable. Wish I could have it!

Perfanoff- if it wasn't clear to me yet, now I know why I live very hidden in the middle of nowhere. He called the police because.....???? MOVE OUT OF THERE!
Back to the cat in question: practical advice to prevent cleaning: Just put a kind of container filled with sand or something alike, next to it. That will help. She seems to be a bit pissed off on that picture of yours. I've a firend who looks for a all-white cat. But fortunately it's a bit far from your place. "Fortunately" because of your mentally diseased neighbour, of course. Want my chainsaw?

I appreciate your support very much, friends.

It's too late now, the cat was gone in the morning. :( It really was a beautiful cat, obviously very very attached to its owner so it would in no way want to come to my balcony or something. Can only hope its owner found it.

But yeah. I thought this codependency hell would be gone by having no roommates. Boy was I foolish. I am planning to give a party this week.. it makes me wonder just how grouchy this guy will get. Might have to invite the people earlier in the evening.

Perf! I found a kitten the other day, but this one was only 4 weeks old...

I heard crying from my bedroom, and couldn't find any of our own cats hurt or crying. I walked out back to check the one last place, the crawl space under our dining room (which is accessible from the backyard) and there was this tiny thing!

pPaszMv.jpg

Here he is sleeping with my fat cat Lebowski

XQea1KQ.jpg

I am feeding it by hand for now, we just started it on solid moist kitten food, and I'm going to take care of it until I go away. Then mom will find it a home.

I am already in love with it tho!

Kittehs, kittehs everywhere!

What is it with women and cats? It's almost like guys and cars.

Latest posts

Back