Looking for a MSN/FB chat buddy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GamerGurl

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a 19 year old girl from Arizona. I'd like to have somebody to chat with in general during afternoons/nights. Sometimes I feel very lonely.

Hello. Welcome to the site!

I'm a 24 year old guy in the UK. I take it from your username that you like video games - if that's the case, then so do I. We have quite a time zone difference, but I think we'd still be able to chat with each other. If you're interested, just let me know. :)

Either way, I hope you can settle in here and make some friends.

Isn't MSN getting phased out about now?

Welcome to the site, GamerGurl.

Sigma said:
I'd add you if I had MSN, but I use Skype sorry ^^

I actually still use MSN, just, but I think it's about to expire. ):

Hey there, welcome to the forum. I use MSN or Skype whichever piece of honeysuckle that's working. Ugh.

9006 said:
Sigma said:

Looks like it surely is. In a very slow and annoying way. Kinda like slow death.. torture.

ladyforsaken said:
Hey there, welcome to the forum. I use MSN or Skype whichever piece of honeysuckle that's working. Ugh.

9006 said:
Sigma said:

Looks like it surely is. In a very slow and annoying way. Kinda like slow death.. torture.

Haha, I don't think you could have painted a clearer picture.

9006 said:
ladyforsaken said:

9006 said:
Sigma said:

Haha, I don't think you could have painted a clearer picture.

Resist all you want, sooner or later you won't have a choice
vader.jpg

<Insert evil laughter>

Jocsaint said:
But if both AIM and MSN are generally considered dead and phased out, what do people use for chatting?

I'm gritting my teeth saying this, but... Skype mostly.

Jocsaint said:
Video chatting? Didn't think that would be very popular.

It's not just video chat, text chat too, although it's more concentrated on video calling.

NOTE: It's actually frustrating, because it's not mainly based around text chat, it's kinda took a back seat, you can do most things like use an avatar or change your font, but for reasons I cannot fathom, you can't change the font color, which is pathetic.

MSN is still alive, at least for now. I believe they said they'd keep the service itself running until some time in 2014, meaning that other clients (such as Trillian) will still be able to connect to MSN / Windows Live. The official Windows Live Messenger client still works at the moment too. I'm not sure whether they'll actually stop the official client from working, or just stop providing updates for it.

Lorne said:
MSN is still alive, at least for now. I believe they said they'd keep the service itself running until some time in 2014, meaning that other clients (such as Trillian) will still be able to connect to MSN / Windows Live. The official Windows Live Messenger client still works at the moment too. I'm not sure whether they'll actually stop the official client from working, or just stop providing updates for it.

Yes, it's the client that will die first, the protocol will still function (although I presume they'll tweak it eventually) so other clients that use the same protocol will still continue to function.

Using third party clients doesn't really interest me, I think it's time to move on for me. ):

9006 said:
Using third party clients doesn't really interest me, I think it's time to move on for me. ):

Ah. :( I really do like the Windows Live Messenger client, but Trillian is good too. I think you should at least check it out if you haven't already. It's a good instant messenger with great features.

Lorne said:
Ah. :( I really do like the Windows Live Messenger client, but Trillian is good too. I think you should at least check it out if you haven't already. It's a good instant messenger with great features.

Yeah I've always been fond of WLM, I've used it since I can remember, I think I have used Trillian, once, as I remember (if it was actually Trillian I'm thinking of here), it also was compatible with many other protocols, ie; ICQ - if that still exists, if not, shows how long ago I last used it!

Skype IS the new MSN - they are phasing out MSN and when you next upgrade it, it'll be Skype, with all your MSN contacts imported.

Latest posts

Back