Looking for internet friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lovelace

I've never been so alone in my life as I'm now. I may be down...my life may be falling apart...but I would at least like to receive some more emails! :)
So, I'm looking for some serious internet friends. To talk about anything and everything. Life, hobbies, problems, joys. Just looking for some people who want to share their problems with me.
I'm generally nice, sincere, honest and very loyal. I'm also a huge fan of old movies and I love animals.

Female, male -- it doesn't matter. Age -- be at least 25 years old. Location -- it doesn't matter. I'm in my late 20s, female and from Europe.

^Thanks for the advice. :) I might check it out someday....but I'm really more one-to-one person.

Yeah the chat room scares me!
I love old movies too, any favorites?

Hi Mintymint,

I know you said you're more of a one-to-one person, I often felt lonely and wanted to "reach out" to people. I couldn't think of any good situations where people would be disarmed and ready to "interact".

So I invented one...it's called World Fingerpainting Day. As people are engaged in this activity, their defenses are down and just their general "proximity to their spirit" is palpable. The event is just around the corner, actually.

There might not be an organizer in your local city at the moment. But it's not hard to start or get local art people involved. All you need is a park and some paint, try to coax passerbys into participating and talk to people.

At least you have a "goal". The goal is get people to fingerpaint with you and be creative. If they aren't into it. Who cares! You have an excuse to talk to them and that's the coolest thing. Anyway, check it out. If it's not your cup of tea. No worries. You can always send me an email if you want to talk movies. I'm a massive film buff!

[email protected]

The movement and event for the Fingerpaint thing is...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134147150003152

I think I was suppose to address that to Lovelace. OOOOOOOPS

Reposocial said:
Hi Mintymint,

I know you said you're more of a one-to-one person, I often felt lonely and wanted to "reach out" to people. I couldn't think of any good situations where people would be disarmed and ready to "interact".

So I invented one...it's called World Fingerpainting Day. As people are engaged in this activity, their defenses are down and just their general "proximity to their spirit" is palpable. The event is just around the corner, actually.

There might not be an organizer in your local city at the moment. But it's not hard to start or get local art people involved. All you need is a park and some paint, try to coax passerbys into participating and talk to people.

At least you have a "goal". The goal is get people to fingerpaint with you and be creative. If they aren't into it. Who cares! You have an excuse to talk to them and that's the coolest thing. Anyway, check it out. If it's not your cup of tea. No worries. You can always send me an email if you want to talk movies. I'm a massive film buff!

[email protected]

The movement and event for the Fingerpaint thing is...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134147150003152

Hi stumble. ;) I pretty much like ALL old movies. I've seen that you're a fan of Audrey Hepburn. Well, Breakfast at Tiffany's was my very first dvd that I bought.

Edit: I have never looked for any friends before. And it doesn't seem this is gonna work. Still...however...if anyone thinks that could be friends with me, you're welcome to PM me.

Well, I'd write but I'm too young :D (I like it, didn't think I'd still be able to say this!)

Good luck on your search though! ;)

lovelace said:
Hi stumble. ;) I pretty much like ALL old movies. I've seen that you're a fan of Audrey Hepburn. Well, Breakfast at Tiffany's was my very first dvd that I bought.

Edit: I have never looked for any friends before. And it doesn't seem this is gonna work. Still...however...if anyone thinks that could be friends with me, you're welcome to PM me.

That's cool. Breakfast at Tiffany's always makes me cry! I'm not sure I can remember what the first dvd I ever bought was I've just been thinking about that.

And re your edit. I think you have to give these things a bit of time. I mean I was on a different site for well over a year and only came away with one person I'd call a friend. It took me a long time to feel I could pm and we only exchanged numbers as I was leaving the site. Just my thoughts of course.

stumble said:
And re your edit. I think you have to give these things a bit of time. I mean I was on a different site for well over a year and only came away with one person I'd call a friend. It took me a long time to feel I could pm and we only exchanged numbers as I was leaving the site. Just my thoughts of course.

Well, I've been using internet for 10 years now and in this time there were only 4 people that I would call friends. So by the rate I'm going...it will take several years before I meet someone new whom I will be able to call a friend. Pretty depressing. :)

I know that putting an "ad" here probably wasn't the smartest idea. Because you need to have more in common then just the loneliness. Actually, despite being a loner all my life, I've never experienced loneliness before. And anyhow, even a genuine internet friend(s) probably couldn't take my pain away. I guess I will just have to find a peace within myself and to learn how to be more self-sufficient again. And if I can't, I guess, I can still throw myself out of my window. :)

I know what you mean. I've been around the internet for some time now and out of that I must have only made about 3 friends or something. Though one of those is the best lady ever who I would have met if she didn't live on the other side of the world and another I dated for 3 years.

It is slow though. As great as this place is I think it's easier to connect through a common interest. That's how I met my friends.

I think having people online doesn't really take away my loneliness. We all have different kinds. Though the support is nice. I think you're right learning to be happy in and with yourself is a step to things getting better.

Latest posts

Back