Lost in life...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Team140

Reaction score
Almost 32 years old and living in the US. I dropped out of community college when I was 18 and then attempted to try the school thing again when I was 22 but dropped out because I lost focus and was bored. I've had numerous jobs but nothing I could really consider a career, 9 years later I have a highly skilled career but the pay is crap and the benefits are worse. I would really like to go back to school and finish this time but I keep doubting myself!
This next thing is really destroying me. I was married for a little over 2.5 years and we split up in September of '13. We had a great relationship but as soon as we moved in with each other/got married things went down hill. We both emotionally and mentally abused each other, typical name calling and telling each other we were worthless to each other. I was never good enough for her, everything I did around the house was wrong in her eyes, she always told me to get a different job(I don't know why she hated what I did so much...blue collar work), I gained a good 30 pounds and she would always say she wouldn't want me to crush her, our intimate life went down to nothing, her facebook friends were far too important than me, and my driving wasn't good enough for her. She would get pissed off if I talked to female friends but it was okay for her to go off and hang out with male friends. I accused her of cheating because she was always so secretive on her phone and she would get random texts and phone calls at random times of the night. She finally told me she was hanging out with a guy, but that he was gay and she would rant and rave about him in front of me. I helped her with so much, including her government papers to become legal here...I know I know red flag but I feel I wasn't used for this. After all is said and done, it's been 8 months since we've been separated. I've seen here maybe twice over those months but for a brief period of time, just so I can give her her mail.
I know I shouldn't but I really miss her and I definitely still love her even though we constantly use to hurt each other. I'm still struggling with this, everyday but my heart is telling me she has moved on :( I know we'll never get back together, if we did I know my family and friends would never be in my life again.
I have maybe 4 or 5 friends but we never really do anything. I work 10 hours a day and then I call or text my buddies when I get off so we can do something and they never want to do anything so I just go back home and mope around and do absolutely nothing. I'd like to meet new people but I'm so awfully shy. I'm a very lonely and sad person. I feel like my life is going downhill and I have no soul anymore.
I've gone to numerous doctors, tried anti-depressants, talk to friends(they never take me serious), talk to my family but they always tell me to go see a doctor. I don't know what to do anymore. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Sorry for the long run on sentences.

I am not really good with advice, but I think you should have made this post
under the "New members forum" it doesn't really get much attention here. To
answer your question: Don't know if there is a light at the end of the tunnel but
we are definitely started looking for it as we are here, or just hit rock
bottom, so the only way is up :) - either way there is hope I'd say.

Team140 said:
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

First, welcome. :)

School? Go ASAP. It's never too late to go back to school.
The wife? I know it's tough, but consider her gone. Find someone who will love you and won't make you sad.
Friends? Try the chat room here. Or, use the PM feature. Try Meetup.com for groups around you.
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Yes, but only if you work at it.

Try and be positive about your life. It's easy to sink into a hole, but not if you vow to fight and be a success.

As Case said, school is a good place to start. But before you do that, do a little research into what you are interested in and what kind of lifestyle you want to be able to afford. This will help you pick what you want to study.

Also, get some passions! Some hobbies, interests, something to get excited about. Like learning an instrument or a new sport or just something to put your energy into instead of moping. I'm trying to learn to write, draw, and play guitar right now. Making progress in any gives me new things to talk and think about.

Team140 said:
Almost 32 years old and living in the US. I dropped out of community college when I was 18 and then attempted to try the school thing again when I was 22 but dropped out because I lost focus and was bored. I've had numerous jobs but nothing I could really consider a career, 9 years later I have a highly skilled career but the pay is crap and the benefits are worse. I would really like to go back to school and finish this time but I keep doubting myself!
This next thing is really destroying me. I was married for a little over 2.5 years and we split up in September of '13. We had a great relationship but as soon as we moved in with each other/got married things went down hill. We both emotionally and mentally abused each other, typical name calling and telling each other we were worthless to each other. I was never good enough for her, everything I did around the house was wrong in her eyes, she always told me to get a different job(I don't know why she hated what I did so much...blue collar work), I gained a good 30 pounds and she would always say she wouldn't want me to crush her, our intimate life went down to nothing, her facebook friends were far too important than me, and my driving wasn't good enough for her. She would get pissed off if I talked to female friends but it was okay for her to go off and hang out with male friends. I accused her of cheating because she was always so secretive on her phone and she would get random texts and phone calls at random times of the night. She finally told me she was hanging out with a guy, but that he was gay and she would rant and rave about him in front of me. I helped her with so much, including her government papers to become legal here...I know I know red flag but I feel I wasn't used for this. After all is said and done, it's been 8 months since we've been separated. I've seen here maybe twice over those months but for a brief period of time, just so I can give her her mail.
I know I shouldn't but I really miss her and I definitely still love her even though we constantly use to hurt each other. I'm still struggling with this, everyday but my heart is telling me she has moved on :( I know we'll never get back together, if we did I know my family and friends would never be in my life again.
I have maybe 4 or 5 friends but we never really do anything. I work 10 hours a day and then I call or text my buddies when I get off so we can do something and they never want to do anything so I just go back home and mope around and do absolutely nothing. I'd like to meet new people but I'm so awfully shy. I'm a very lonely and sad person. I feel like my life is going downhill and I have no soul anymore.
I've gone to numerous doctors, tried anti-depressants, talk to friends(they never take me serious), talk to my family but they always tell me to go see a doctor. I don't know what to do anymore. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Sorry for the long run on sentences.

Team140,

You and I have a similar existence and if it means anything I'd be more than happy to contact you through this site. I am older though and believe me after having many agonizing relationships with some very nefarious and deceitful women it does get better,I should write a book.

If you feel like chatting feel free to get in touch, cheers betrayedforlife

Latest posts

Back