Love a good friend(LONG)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris516

Reaction score
First, I have congenital Hydrocephalus(45yrs.) followed by Epilepsy. The reason for my mentioning that, will be explained later. Anyway, I have known an online female friend ten years. Just before I begin, she was abused as a child. Largely, She has managed to put that in her past.

In 2002, I was engaged to a woman that my online friend had known since my ex-fiance had also been abused as a child. At one point had to take her to the hospital for a 'severe migraine'. I had had enough of what she told me about having been to many doctors over the years, giving her no relief for her headaches. I demanded to see my (ex)fiance's CT-Scans. I could see that my (ex)fiance had the same health problem(Hydrocephalus), just from looking at her CT-Scans, since I had seen so many of my own. My (ex)fiance was definitively diagnosed with Hydrocephalus because of my advocacy on her part.

In 2003, I asked my online friend to try to explain something to my (ex)fiance, who didn't seem to be listening to me.

My (ex)fiance has brain surgery that March for two serious neurological conditions, that I was actually born with. I stand by her, even though we were already having trouble. My friend is supportive and hopes my (ex)fiance is okay.

In 2004, she(Canadian) was engaged to a U.S. soldier who was based at Ft. Lewis in Washington State. He came back from his first tour of duty in Iraq fine. But the problems started prior to his second tour of duty in Iraq. He broke off their relationship without explaining why. She is stunned and contacts me. I tell her that I want to talk to him. She refuses to give me his contact info. I don't back down, wearing her down to the point that she gives me his contact info, still fearing his reaction. I contact him. His expected reaction is along the lines of 'Who the hell is this?????'. I tell him my connection to my friend. He starts to calm down. I finally am able to get him to tell me about a 'premonition' he had, that the only way he was going to come back from his second tour was in a pine box(coffin). I told him that there is nothing wrong with feeling that way. So I ask him, if he would like me to tell her, or if he would like to tell her. He said he would tell her. He tells her, then re-deploys to Iraq. His command keeps in touch with my friend, since she was carrying his twins. Sadly, She gets notified that he was killed in Fallujah, Iraq. So after she has the twins, she gives them to her fiance's parents.

In 2005, she starts a long-distance with a man in New York. I don't agree with it from what she tells me about it, but I don't tell her out of respect for her making her own decisions. Her relationship with him only lasts nine months.

In 2006, she was taking a class. One classmate expresses an interest in her, when a former classmate from high school shows up. She ultimately marries the classmate, even though I expressed my misgivings about the guy. Within a year, she gives birth to their daughter.

That same year, my (ex)fiance needs brain surgery again. Again, My friend supports me.

In 2007, my relationship with my (ex)fiance ends. I tell my friend, crying my eyes out. She is supportive, while saying 'I told you so'.

Later that year, I meet another woman, who accepts me 100%, except it is a long-distance relationship. While the relationship has survived five years, I don't feel like I am worth anything better.

In 2008, my good friend starts to tell me of the problems she is having with her husband. I don't rub it in, that I never liked the guy. Because not only did he smoke(which my friend didn't have a problem with, he would smoke around their daughter and in the house. My friend told me, her husband also wanted to start 'experimenting sexually, in the way of 'threesomes'. I then told her, the guy was nuts.

In 2009, my friend separates from her husband and has custody of their 2yr.-old daughter.

In 2010 nothing really changed big time.

In 2011 starts dating a married man(he finally got his divorce, this past December) who had been separated from his wife for more than a year. Also, I had stopped communication with my friend, because of repeatedly being inundated on Yahoo Messenger, be people I didn't want to deal with.

In 2012 I had re-installed Yahoo Messenger on my new computer, that I was given for my birthday(5/16). My friend is irate for me being gone so long. I tell her why, but I still understand her emotion. The latest version includes VOIP technology, allowing someone to talk over their Internet connection. My friend n' I start having long conversations.

Feeling that I have secretly had for her, for a number of years, start to bubble to the surface. In mid June I sent her this link:Survivor's 'Didn't Know It Was Love'

My friend becomes seriously ill(7/05) the day after the 4th of July. Following a 6-10pm shift and being taken to the local hospital, she gets the 'conveyor belt' routine from the hospital who just pump her up with Morphine. The next morning during a 6-10am she collapses at work. On the way to the same moronic hospital she went to the night before, she goes comatose. She arrives at the hospital by ambulance. Her fiance is not far behind. At 4pm(MST) on that day(7/06), he asks the nursing staff if he can speak to a doctor. Not only do they say that one is not available, he does not press them to page the the 'on-call' doctor. This behavior on the part of my friend's fiance, and the nursing staff, continues for 60hrs., when the doctor who was on-call over the weekend, sees' my friend at 9am the following Monday(7/09), when he is doing his regular rounds. When the doctor finds out that he wasn't paged over the weekend, he is livid with the nursing staff, and immediately orders that my friend be life-flighted to a better hospital. Once at the better hospital, it is discovered, that my friend is five months pregnant. Not only did she n' her fiance not know about the pregnancy, the pregnancy was steadily killing her. While I reserved judgment on them not knowing about the pregnancy, again I had to tell her fiance what to do. I told him that even though I am Pro-Life, I told her fiance that he needed to tell the doctors to take the baby. Despite the baby poisoning my friend's body, he was still battling about taking the baby. I felt like I was giving instructions to a toddler. Once the baby was taken(not aborted), my friend's system started to clear the toxins from her body. But her ICP(Intra-Cranial Pressure) level was extremely high. She ended up being shunted for Hydrocephalus, and now also has Epilepsy.

I just hope my friend doesn't need a shunt revision. Because her fiance can't handle it.

I will end my book now...lol

Just WOW Chris. You've been an awesome friend. Good luck for the future.

Col.

Latest posts

Back