Love screws everything up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger lily

Reaction score
Love pretty much screws your life up. I didn't even know what true happiness was til I found love, I was happy with being content, up til then was always happy but truely happy when I felt love. Now I cant even get back to feel content. Nothing seems to make me remotely happy, because the meaning I had in my life has gone and nothing compares.

Is this a natural reaction to lost love?

Yes. I had my heartbroken a few months ago, and I am totally broken and lost without it. Now I want it back, REAL BAD.

Tiger lily said:
Love pretty much screws your life up. I didn't even know what true happiness was til I found love, I was happy with being content, up til then was always happy but truely happy when I felt love. Now I cant even get back to feel content. Nothing seems to make me remotely happy, because the meaning I had in my life has gone and nothing compares.

Is this a natural reaction to lost love?

Yes, I'm afraid its something we have to go through again and again in life.

We lose everyone eventually and they lose us too.

But if you never loved what would you be then?

Love is a drug, what you are experiencing is the "comedown"

Love, like any other drug, is only a problem when you NEED it and/or when you cannot handle the comedowns.

Withdrawal, eh? I personally wouldn't know. I've never been in love. I want to be in love at least once. It can be for a day or a lifetime.

Don't they say it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all? :D

the reward is great but the risk high

the reality turns out to be different from the dream

who needs it

blackwave said:
Yes. I had my heartbroken a few months ago, and I am totally broken and lost without it. Now I want it back, REAL BAD.

Its a few years for me, when I lost love I found myself in a new place in my life aswell - no friends, realised work wasn't really enjoyable but with someone it was never obvious because I had them at the end of the day. 4 years on and I still haven't found my way back on track. Wandering aimlessly, every bit of my identity seems meaningess like I need a new direction but nothing fits. I've tryed everything other than moving away...why would moving a way be the answer...I thought all answers where in our heads??!

So people who have loved and lost how do you get happy again. I feel like I'm wasting my life.

Yeah, my pretty minor "love" dilemna has made me feel like honeysuckle at some points the last couple of weeks, so I can sympathise here.

It's odd, but even when my best friend stabbed me in the back ages ago, I didn't feel that kind of pain. It was similar, but not as intense as someone I like simply ignoring me.

It just seems to gnaw away, and then it gets worse because you can't stop thinking about it...and every time you think about it, that ache comes back.

Yet when I'm with someone that does like me, it does feel fantastic.

So I suppose as others said above, it is kinda like a drug. I wouldn't be surprised if the endorphins and so on that the brain releases in "love" circumstances have some kind of addictive property to them.

I've found these boards a really great release from some of that tension (it feels like the people here genuinely care) and also found that surrounding yourself with work to do can take the pain away a little.

I'd advise, whenever you're hurting inside, to focus on non-love-related goals that you want to accomplish. Recently I wrote a list of places I want to go, activities to do and skills to improve in my spare time, and I think that really helps.

I feel like I've actually accomplished quite a bit in my life even though I've never really played "the love game" and it's taken a crappy period of bad communication to make me realise that I can cope without love quite happily.

Of course, I imagine a breakup after a long-term relationship is very, very tough...but I still think the same principles apply.

yeah dude, as i always say : "Love will be the cause of our death"

love is the most beautiful thing in the world, but also the most painful. so u gotta choose...
its up 2 you

love hurts when its lost, but its a risk worth taking, a life without love, is not much of a life at all.

nowhereman said:
love hurts when its lost, but its a risk worth taking, a life without love, is not much of a life at all.

maybe for most people, but not for all by any means

When things are going well, love is wonderful and it is what makes the world turn; when a relationship is in turmoil or when it ends, love is the obstacle to overcome so that you can move on.

It's a cruel joke.

"But, was it the girl or was it the music? As you can see . . . girls, music, disease, heartbreak . . . they all go together . . ."

Starman said:
maybe for most people, but not for all by any means

Pretty much this. I, for one, am working towards having complete emotional invulnerability.

Latest posts

Back