Lying about your virginity/previous relationships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people tend to think coding is geeky.

Depending on who you ask, geeks are either in, or out. I find it easier to associate with other geeks, same as I find it easier to associate with other musicians. People who aren't in those two sub-genres of professions, I tend to not "get" easily.

I code for a living - have for the last 2 years...I make a **** good living at it :cool:.

My philosophy is that:
Anybody who thinks coders are geeky - coders usually think are stupid ;). I know...it's an unfair blanket statement...but you'd be surprised how often you're right :p

Musician too eh? Scary - just like me :D. I've performed live before...it's not a big deal...unfortunately it's not as cool as it used to be (I've never once had panties thrown at me :( ).

Don't give up...if you give up then I'll have to give up! There have to be some women out there that like Rockstar coders!!

Unfortunately women tend to go more for guys that look like this:
hipster_fucks.jpg

Am I alone in thinking these guys look absurd...they look like they raided their little sisters closet...

You guys are musicians, you're productive, and still nobody gives a crap? I mean when talented productive people say no one cares, it makes me feel like there never will be anyone for me. It makes me depressed, basically.

It doesn't make sense to me. You must either be not trying, or perhaps giving off some really bad vibes or something. One possibility I can think of in terms of "bad vibes" is very low self-awareness. I have seen a few guys like this who seem to have no idea how they are perceived, the type who will stand within one foot of you and talk in your face like nothing is wrong (they never heard of personal space, it's a foreign concept to them.) One guy I knew like that would approach almost any girl and ask for a date, and they became creeped out by him. That's the kind of "low self-awareness" you need to fix.

Then you have other side of the spectrum, the extremely high self-awareness, like me, where it leads to paranoia. In my case the fear of the slightest criticism is so high, the idea that I could be shamed is so daunting, I can't even approach ONE girl. I never have, as a result. But in some ways high self-awareness is better than low, because you don't give off bad vibes and you don't get a bad reputation.

^Not all women are the same. Not all women like the same type of guys. There are women who like the musician sort of guys, who don't. There are women who like the drug addicts, there are those who don't. Just cos guys who are musicians or "productive" say they have a hard time getting girls, doesn't mean they are speaking for all.

1000lifetimes said:
hipster_fucks.jpg

They do? Surely you don't speak for all women? Personally, I don't any of the guys in that picture to be overly appealing (physically). Im sure they have wonderful personalities though. :)

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Depending on who you ask, geeks are either in, or out. I find it easier to associate with other geeks, same as I find it easier to associate with other musicians. People who aren't in those two sub-genres of professions, I tend to not "get" easily.

If you can only associate with people who are geeky or musical, then maybe you're the one with the problem, not women. Shared interests are important, but if you've placed so much importance on it that you don't "get" other people, then you might be in trouble. It just seems like you're the one being picky here, not women. Try and keep an open mind.

Having said that, I'm pretty geeky myself. None of my past girlfriends minded. Also, there are plenty of women who are into geeky things or music.

You know what the worst thing to be? An unattractive to average non-hipster guy doing an average job, self aware enough not to approach because he thinks it's creepy (women are going to think that anyway). There's nothing that sets you apart, nothing "dynamic" and entertaining about you, you're just a human being with normal qualities and failings. They would rather be alone than settle for that.

Locke said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

If you can only associate with people who are geeky or musical, then maybe you're the one with the problem, not women. Shared interests are important, but if you've placed so much importance on it that you don't "get" other people, then you might be in trouble. It just seems like you're the one being picky here, not women. Try and keep an open mind.

Having said that, I'm pretty geeky myself. None of my past girlfriends minded. Also, there are plenty of women who are into geeky things or music.

I never said that I could only associate with people who are that way.

But if guys or girls are talking about sports, fashion, reality tv shows, or other things I frankly don't give a fresia about, I have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation. I just sit there with a blank stare on my face.

I'm talking about people who click with me. Who wants to be around someone who bores them to death?

And lady, I know that. That's the problem with dating. You can't really determine what is causing you to not get dates, because people are so different. There is no answer. No message forum will ever have the answer to how women think, or how men act.

EveWasFramed said:
1000lifetimes said:
hipster_fucks.jpg

They do? Surely you don't speak for all women? Personally, I don't any of the guys in that picture to be overly appealing (physically). Im sure they have wonderful personalities though. :)

I dunno man, I know a ton of awesome women who are hitched up to guys who might as well have been in that picture. :Club: LoL ah but don't listen to me...I'm just bitter because I missed the boat. Tall dark and handsome was replaced by short pudgy and goofy - and nobody told me!!!!! :p. I coulda been eating cake and not shaving this whole time!!!

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Locke said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

But if guys or girls are talking about sports, fashion, reality tv shows, or other things I frankly don't give a fresia about, I have nothing intelligent to add to the conversation. I just sit there with a blank stare on my face.

I'm talking about people who click with me. Who wants to be around someone who bores them to death?

And lady, I know that. That's the problem with dating. You can't really determine what is causing you to not get dates, because people are so different. There is no answer. No message forum will ever have the answer to how women think, or how men act.

I don't know, Leaning. You've said once or twice before that - as far as females go - you'd only like a girl who was a musician. You were adamant about it, too. Which is fine, but I agree with Locke, if you only associate with certain types, then it may be limited. Having nearly everything in common shouldn't be something to really aim for. Some things, sure. Certain things even, sure. But it's okay to be different from each other.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

You said you tend to not "get" other people. It basically amounts to the same thing. If you don't click with someone because you're not interested, that's fine, but if you can't relate to them at all because they're not musicians or geeks....well, you're just screwing yourself. The reason I brought this up at all is because you also said this....

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I work in a very geeky profession, and I don't think that a lot of women would like that.

You're accusing women of having a standard that you don't match up to, and yet you make it sound as if you have an equally absurd standard. Come on man, don't you see what you're doing to yourself!? The worst part is that it's all a bunch of BS. You can get a girl whether you work in a 'geeky' profession or not. And with a little effort, you can relate to women, whether they're geeks or not.

^+1 and geez I think this thread has gone on long enough and seems to be just running women down and throwing around wild accusations that just aren't true so lets call this discussion closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back