Main regrets?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isthatso

Trannie
Reaction score
I guess some of you aren't old enough to have regrets.

Main regrets for me are:

-Not saving money from my first day at work. Learning to save at least 10% of your income. Getting into the savings habit in other words.
-Overcoming fear of females earlier in life. And learning not to make a big deal about them.
-Going to Uni. too soon. Should've waitied until I was about 25 and had some life experience first.
-Should have discovered Buddhism/meditation much earlier. Would certainly have changed the direction of my life for the better.
-Mastered public speaking at a much earlier age.

Wow, it's quite a feat to master public speaking at any age! Isn't it one of the biggest fears people have? Don't beat yourself up about that one!

I'm in the US, and finished my Master's by age 24. In the area where I grew up it was highly encouraged to go through school right on up to graduate school. Being left behind, having to repeat grades or courses was kind of looked upon negatively. Interestingly, the perspective of needing or gaining more life experience continuing on with education was never considered. I guess just different viewpoints of different cultures.

Maybe now I regret not having had more life experience first instead of just plowing ahead through school.

Another regret I have is moving to the area where I live. Had I known what I know now, I would've tried somewhere else. I'm stuck for quite a while

There are various situations/ various people I knew that I regret about in some way as well.

Luckily, no other gigantic regrets, but life does happen and they do occur, there's plenty more time,so I if didn't acknowledge that, I may have regretted it LOL.

1. Dumping a terrific girl from high school so that I could spend time drinking with my "Friends".

2. All the things I stole from my family and sold to support my past addiction.

3. Beating up my older brother a few years ago.

4. Not spending more time with my other grandmother before she died.

5. Delivering prescription medication to addicts for a drug dealer in exchange for free weed.

6. Ditching my high school prom date to play in a chess tournament. I passed up pretty much guaranteed sex that night to spend 4 hours staring at the board only to hang my rook in the endgame and lose. Fuckin' great decision eh?

I'm pretty sure I've made almost all I'm able given the cards I've been dealt.

I could have rebelled less during puberty
I could have worked in a little bit more disciplined way (not harder)
I could have... I don't know. Just having a crappy dealt hand, I can't imagine anything could be much better had I done something in a different way.

I guess some people's fate is sealed :/ takes all the excitement out of life.

i regret not standing up for myself when i've fought with people, but i guess theres still time to change that. (this includes bullying)
I should've talked more to people during junior high so I wouldn't be this god **** shy right now.

I regret wasting too many of my teenage years being high
I regret trusting "friends", each and every one who has since unceremoniously ditched me
I regret a handful of relationships
I sometimes regret taking an overdose a couple of years ago, but sometimes I just regret that it didn't work its intended purpose
I regret a lot of poor choices made when I was younger
I regret not spending more time with people who I then lost unexpectedly

I guess I just regret making a total hash-job of life and being 26 and not much to show for my life so far. Yes I'm happily married, but that is the total extent of my connection to other people. I just regret not having more friends really.

I might not be old enough to have a lot of deep regrets, but I do have a few.

I regret putting unquestioning trust in my family in my younger years, but I didn't know any better.
I regret procrastinating so much, as it has done nothing but harm me.
I regret being a catholic, but that links back to my first regret.
I regret being a closeted atheist and worrying about it.
I regret not getting help for my problems earlier, but I'm working on that.

Ever meeting my "best friend" in sixth grade.

Not fighting back on that August night in 1992.

Telling her I loved her.

Being a "nice guy" for way too long.

i regret letting myself get walked on since i was in middle school
i regret trusting people i called freinds only to have them ditch me
i regret not paying more attetion in school or joining a sport
i regret letting myself be afraid of women
i regret not asking the girl i was in love with in high school
i regret going out the night of a freinds wedding and getting a dwi on the way home
i regret not going out with girls when it was clear that i could of gotten laid

isthatso said:
Veruca said:
I regret being born
I regret regretting being born

I think you've reached the limit allowed for having regrets. :)

:) Its a great thread isthatso, my answer made me realize that I need to re-examine my life, so thanks for making me think about this one!

i regret letting alcohol control me..i never drank until i turned 21 ...then after that i let it take over my life

i regret wasting my time on friends who weren't interested in me
i regret spending days / weeks / months thinking somebody was interested when it was obvious they weren't
i regret waiting until i was 29 before 'paying' for it

Wasting several years of my life on someone who was incapable of letting go of the wrongs the world had done him, because a relationship with such a person is impossible.

I don't believe in regrets because I don't regret the mistakes I make, they're my learning experiences in life.

However, there is one thing that I do regret which occurred in my life which I didn't know better of what I could've done.

That was to force my way into the ambulance that brought my dad to the hospital because he gave his last breath in there on the road. I wasn't allowed up because they only allowed one family member on board - and that was my mum, but she was sitting in the front. I could've insisted but I was panicked and rushing. Devastated me that he had to go that way - all alone without me by his side. :(

The only regret in my life thus far.

Latest posts

Back