Main regrets?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I regret the way I treated some men in my life, like fans… worshippers… bugs… I wish I saw them as human but it’s hard… till this day its hard for me to see the humanity in most men I just see violence, I see pain, I see darkness. I see pigs drooling for a chance with me, I wish I saw my father, a protector, provider, a loving and generous man… the best man I’ve ever known.

I agree with the guy who said he regrets being born.
I regret being born as well.
Really no purpose to my life.
But I'm here, and I'll try to keep myself in decent shape and entertained as best I can until the end comes.

Oh...one other thing I do regret.
I really regret not physically annihilating at least one of the people who went out of their way to bully me when I was a kid in school.
And I really really resent my parents for not sending me for training to be able to do that at a young age.

I regret the way I treated some men in my life, like fans… worshippers… bugs… I wish I saw them as human but it’s hard… till this day its hard for me to see the humanity in most men I just see violence, I see pain, I see darkness. I see pigs drooling for a chance with me, I wish I saw my father, a protector, provider, a loving and generous man… the best man I’ve ever known.
I've taken a long time to learn . To stop objectifying pretty women. Now I tend to feel for the father's of daughters. Who must feel protective and worried as parents. Forced to trust young men. I know when I was young I was only semi trustworthy with women.

All mistakes by action or inaction come from the lack of love or knowledge which is supposed to learn it from books or other people so what to regret since it's a matter of pure luck (destiny) ... my life could have been much better but also much worse ... I guess this thread can be related to the Free Will thread

Last edited:
I've taken a long time to learn . To stop objectifying pretty women. Now I tend to feel for the father's of daughters. Who must feel protective and worried as parents. Forced to trust young men. I know when I was young I was only semi trustworthy with women.
It’s why I want to have a son so badly, I want to raise a perfect man, one I’ll be proud of and love beyond measure. I truly hope I get pregnant in 2024 with my amazing little boy.

As not to highjack, I regret not trusting my current partner with my heart earlier. 💕

I regret going back home after running away, but then I think about the siblings that left and didn't come back. They enjoyed their lives, but became degenerates. My life is honeysuckle, but I still have my soul. Sometimes I wonder which is better.

Also, I regret being too scared to have a threesome with my friend and a hot pregnant woman we met on a night out in Cardiff. Oh well :LOL:

"Well...I wish that Indian hadn't gotten killed..."
- Mickey Knox, Natural Born Killers (1994)
🤪😂

Forgive me, I have a sarcastic, cynical and kind of morbid sense of humor. 😌😂

No, seriously though, I honestly don't put a lot of time into thinking about regrets anymore.
Because I can't do anything to change the past, right a wrong, or bring the dead back to life.
I'm more likely to own the responsibilities and labors of my mistakes than I am to seek forgiveness and feel shame. It isn't that I'm without humility, rather it's that the harboring of and holding on to humility, shame, and guilt has been weaponized against me enough times over for me to not only expect and predict it but also enough times for me to learn how to deweaponize that approach to me kinda like the kid who takes the stick away after the umpteenth time of being poked and is just like: "Stop it. That hurts." So in a weird way, I'm not really here or there, above or below. I'm not really dead, but I'm not really alive, either.

Society doesn't really know what to do with people like me.
I don't lack moral virtue, I just rearranged the blocks of it a bit because I got tired of it being exploited against me.
I admittedly have kind of a Demigod Complex while simultaneously opting for and choosing a forefront of pacifism.
In that I don't like aggression or conflict, because it exhausts me, but because I'm a wildly creative introvert, unmedicated and prone to occasional temporary psychotic breaks, I'm confident at holding my own when cornered.

I would actually have to search my feelings to find regret, which is something I spend such little time within the depths of these days that it ironically and paradoxically would require my cognitive engagement to do so. :unsure:

I'm just a guy, trying to survive under the conditions of the environment that surrounds me, that's all.
🤷‍♂️

"Well...I wish that Indian hadn't gotten killed..."
- Mickey Knox, Natural Born Killers (1994)
🤪😂

Forgive me, I have a sarcastic, cynical and kind of morbid sense of humor. 😌😂

No, seriously though, I honestly don't put a lot of time into thinking about regrets anymore.
Because I can't do anything to change the past, right a wrong, or bring the dead back to life.
I'm more likely to own the responsibilities and labors of my mistakes than I am to seek forgiveness and feel shame. It isn't that I'm without humility, rather it's that the harboring of and holding on to humility, shame, and guilt has been weaponized against me enough times over for me to not only expect and predict it but also enough times for me to learn how to deweaponize that approach to me kinda like the kid who takes the stick away after the umpteenth time of being poked and is just like: "Stop it. That hurts." So in a weird way, I'm not really here or there, above or below. I'm not really dead, but I'm not really alive, either.

Society doesn't really know what to do with people like me.
I don't lack moral virtue, I just rearranged the blocks of it a bit because I got tired of it being exploited against me.
I admittedly have kind of a Demigod Complex while simultaneously opting for and choosing a forefront of pacifism.
In that I don't like aggression or conflict, because it exhausts me, but because I'm a wildly creative introvert, unmedicated and prone to occasional temporary psychotic breaks, I'm confident at holding my own when cornered.

I would actually have to search my feelings to find regret, which is something I spend such little time within the depths of these days that it ironically and paradoxically would require my cognitive engagement to do so. :unsure:

I'm just a guy, trying to survive under the conditions of the environment that surrounds me, that's all.
🤷‍♂️
Very articulate, aren't you. As are several on here. Some of your posts honestly go over my head. But should be a motivation for me to decode

It’s why I want to have a son so badly, I want to raise a perfect man, one I’ll be proud of and love beyond measure. I truly hope I get pregnant in 2024 with my amazing little boy.

As not to highjack, I regret not trusting my current partner with my heart earlier. 💕
Don't take this the wrong way, but what you want is for your husband to raise your son to be an all around capable and accomplished man.
I am not trying to insult the single mothers here. I know that sometimes it is unavoidable and I am sure some of you have done good jobs.
But IMO, and in my experience, lots can go wrong and often does when the female (single or not) takes the lead in raising a boy. That's a father's job. His most important job, in fact.

1. not returning to my mother's house when they were going to put my dog to sleep, he was old and very sick. I was studying in another city, and at the moment thought it wouldn't matter since he was well taken care of, and he was loved in that house and wouldnt be alone his last moments, but i still would have liked to be there.
2. not being nicer to an "internet friend" before she commited suicide, I knew she wanted to do it, I was not against it, but after it happened, and reading again our last "conversation", I wish I could have shown a bit more empathy, I did apreciate her, but I don't think I showed that.

Latest posts

Back