Makeup. What do you think about it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me, no one wants to see me without makeup lol it's a huge part of everything I love, the modelling world, the acting world and the competitive dancing world. I mentioned this before but also if I was to go on a date with a guy and wear no makeup or hair extensions or even the trusted push up bra, he'd think... she made no effort she's obviously not into me, but if I wear it then im a fake liar lmao sooo cant win. I dress for me, I look how I look because I like it and thats that. Countless men tell me, take off the blonde hair just "be yourself" you look so much hotter ... blah blah... this is myself, a girl that wears blonde hair extensions and a face full of makeup. enjoy. 🥰

To the men who dislike makeup: Don't wear it then ;)

It kind of reminds me of the facial hair debate amongst people. Most women prefer "a clean shaven" man, myself not included in this - as I actually prefer facial hair/the more rugged he is the better actually - but being most females prefer them to not have facial hair - they usually stay clean shaven...even if they themselves prefer to have some whiskers.

I say keep the whiskers. Keep the makeup -----if it's what the person wants to do. Don't let others opinions dictate the choices you make regarding your own shell.

I think whether most women prefer a clean shaven man might actually be debatable, there's definitely some wiggle room between clean shaven and properly bearded, with the well-executed stubble also making a good impression.

As for "if that's what the person wants" ... there's a whole philosophy to questioning what it is we *really* want and what society or our environment has conditioned us to want and emulate. I don't fully buy into that either, but some things also feel more artificial to me than others. You have to actively opt into wearing make-up, getting tattoos or body modifications. Hair is an inevitability. Female body hair is big discussion for that reason too and when it comes to that I think people also need to take what's practical into account. Cleanly shaving your whole body is ******* exhausting...and extravagant beardcare is too, as far as I'm concerned.

. Cleanly shaving your whole body is ******* exhausting...and extravagant beard care is too, as far as I'm concerned.
It is exhausting.. but it's still your choice to do it or not do it.

But I see your points about the societal conditioning and I agree. Another example it has also made it so that it is frowned upon if the women let their pubic hair grow out.. No one wants the 70's bush..

Just to be clear if I may, I am not against anyone wearing makeup (or doing anything else to their body) if that's what they so wish to do.

To the men who dislike makeup: Don't wear it then ;)

It kind of reminds me of the facial hair debate amongst people. Most women prefer "a clean shaven" man, myself not included in this - as I actually prefer facial hair/the more rugged he is the better actually - but being most females prefer them to not have facial hair - they usually stay clean shaven...even if they themselves prefer to have some whiskers.

I say keep the whiskers. Keep the makeup -----if it's what the person wants to do. Don't let others opinions dictate the choices you make regarding your own shell.
You are right, the opinions of others should not dictate what you should do.

Can I put another question out there please? Which would you prefer, which would be more honest, someone to like you more with all the make up you put on, or someone to like you more without any makeup on, the you without a mask?

Just to be clear if I may, I am not against anyone wearing makeup (or doing anything else to their body) if that's what they so wish to do.

You are right, the opinions of others should not dictate what you should do.

Can I put another question out there please? Which would you prefer, which would be more honest, someone to like you more with all the make up you put on, or someone to like you more without any makeup on, the you without a mask?
See, I don't think of it as a "mask" - I see it as "enhancement" It's enhancing what you already have, and just bringing certain features, in or out. It washes off at the end of the day, so no harm, no foul.

I guess in all honesty, I'd prefer both. Someone who appreciates me au naturale but also can enjoy the sexiness of a black smokey eye. Why can't it be both?

Perhaps the more useful question to ask is not “Why do women wear makeup?” but “Why do women wear makeup when most men don’t?” (especially when David Bowies career bears testimony to the fact that the sight of a man in makeup can do powerful things to a woman’s nether regions). :)

See, I don't think of it as a "mask" - I see it as "enhancement" It's enhancing what you already have, and just bringing certain features, in or out. It washes off at the end of the day, so no harm, no foul.

I guess in all honesty, I'd prefer both. Someone who appreciates me au naturale but also can enjoy the sexiness of a black smokey eye. Why can't it be both?
Thank you for your answer and I totally get what you are saying.

I guess I was looking at it from a slightly different angle. I've known someone with some freckles on their face for example, and while I get that they may have their own insecurities about them and wish to cover them up (which is why I referred to it as a mask), to me personally, they looked better with them, au naturale, than they did trying to cover them up.

You're right, no reason why you can't have both and nothing wrong with those black smokey eyes either. :)

I'm generally a no makeup person because I'm allergic to several fragrances, cosmetics, etc. (Amusingly, I once broke out with brown bumps from a foundation.). I wear a eyeshadow & tinted sunscreen for my lips.

I think in the right hands makeup can look amazing. Also I'm cynical about makeup. I think manufacturers, magazines, etc. play on ppl's insecurities. Like make them feel their eyes are too small, their nose is too wide, etc.

Sometimes ppl don't realise that the models' faces they see in mags are photoshopped or are told their features, such as freckles, are ugly. ☹️. But like I said I'm cynical/pragmatic by nature.

Thank you for your answer and I totally get what you are saying.

I guess I was looking at it from a slightly different angle. I've known someone with some freckles on their face for example, and while I get that they may have their own insecurities about them and wish to cover them up (which is why I referred to it as a mask), to me personally, they looked better with them, au naturale, than they did trying to cover them up.

You're right, no reason why you can't have both and nothing wrong with those black smokey eyes either. :)
Oh I agree Freckles are beautiful.. If I had them I'd just re-apply them over my foundation. My grandmother - 100% Irish woman with lovely natural red hair, green eyes and freckles all over.. I'd be upset if she had ever tried to cover them.. But, she wasn't much for makeup anyway, Infact I don't think she ever wore a stitch of it, lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back