Manifesto

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gadzooks, Scarlet Pimpernel! I submit that people who whine about "them big words," are seldom truly interested to better understand. Otherwise, they'd be by far the more willing to question openly, whenever anything is unclear, and in enough specificity to enable communications repair, summarily and with little trouble. So, honestly, I must confess that I do suspect some other unexpressed acrimonious motivation lurking behind most of just such complaint.

Holy sheered honeysuckle sheep what was that!?!?
Now be honest Aaron, do you sleep with a thesaurus for a pillow?
Do you know it took me nearly ten minutes to plow through your manifesto and the many messages that followed? Sorry if I insult your delicate sensibilities and all that, I'm sure you're expressing things as you prefer, but I'm an Electronic Engineering Technologist B.S. and I was educated in the fine art of being to-the-point. Could you give the rest of us non-English Majors the English-For-Dummies breakdown of your Manifesto? Thanks

Oh and your website seems broken

Technical difficulties beyond my control at FoolQuest.com - I have contacted support at my web host.

And from such feedback as garnered, I have revised my manifesto at http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=1081

Ten whole minutes! Why, a body could read several traffic signs in that time! Surely human loneliness should be a very simple straight forward proposition, not like switching out a blade server!

It has been observed that one cause of the breakdown of civility and society, and hence increased loneliness, is ever more lackadaisical priorities and a lack of investment of time and effort in one another.

Succinctly, then: Get serious!

Thanks for the revision, I'll check it out.
Lol, well take comfort that in these times, such as they are, I took the time I did to read your thread in full.:D
Oh, and just for the record I don't mind the way you express yourself, in fact it is refreshing considering the lazy English that has been increasing at an alarming rate do to the mass Internet cultural movement. So many acronyms and abbreviations today it's getting hard to keep up with them all.

Cheers!

Yes, I should be more appreciative. Pardon my frustration and irritation.

Aaron,
I read this whole thread. I won't go into it right now. I just wanted to say I always thought my English was pretty good, although it isn't my first language. However, today I used the dictionary several times. Thanks for that, it's good to learn new things.

Latest posts

Back