Marriage is a scam?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr. rios

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever been fooled by his/her spouse? That during the courting stage, such spouse seems to be the perfect partner, but after the marriage, everything changes.

If anyone experienced such, what did you do? did you stay or go?

Thank you

First, welcome to the site!

Secondly, Ha! ha! I think everybody is on their best behavoir before getting married. But, soon after it becomes legal most people relax and show their true selves.

Welcome to ALL!

I've certainly gone through moments where I felt like I was scammed into getting married. The wedding was mostly to appease his family. But his shadiness was traced back to the beginning of the relationship. The truth is that there were plenty of small signs, just chose not to listen to them.

Well...I got married on our eight year dating anniversary, and given divorce papers 3 months later..I was the bad guy, no disputing that. But marriage never fixes anything...kind of like how having kids will make it better. Ah, such falsified information our beloved children's entertainment gives us. Also, thankfully I have no children, just seemed slightly similar

Well...I got married on our eight year dating anniversary, and given divorce papers 3 months later..I was the bad guy, no disputing that. But marriage never fixes anything...kind of like how having kids will make it better. Ah, such falsified information our beloved children's entertainment gives us. Also, thankfully I have no children, just seemed slightly similar
I too have no children. If gives me comfort that you don't either. ;)

Im getting married soon I think you’re all invited to attend via a youtube link 😇

Honestly marriage is work, its no free ride, I’ll stick by my future husband through thick and thin i’d only divorce if he did something completely unforgivable

Im getting married soon I think you’re all invited to attend via a youtube link 😇

Honestly marriage is work, its no free ride, I’ll stick by my future husband through thick and thin i’d only divorce if he did something completely unforgivable
You'll say anything for a response. :)

Oh...... wait.......... what????
Getting married? I thought I was supposed to ask YOU? I don't even have the ring yet. Why are the guys always the last ones to know. Ha! ha!

I don't think I'd classify my marriage as a scam. It didn't end well, but it was more that something in life changed my ex, as opposed to him being the same person before/after we got married and just dropping the act.

Welcome to the forum :)

You'll say anything for a response. :)

Oh...... wait.......... what????
Getting married? I thought I was supposed to ask YOU? I don't even have the ring yet. Why are the guys always the last ones to know. Ha! ha!
My fella said he wants to get married before he reaches a certain age loool soooooo im awaiting my ringggggg 💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍💍

I can't relate never been married but observing others and reading endless stories online, especially in legal advice forums, yes it is a scam

Latest posts

Back