"Maybe if I did use Facebook, I'd have more friends."

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quite like Facebook, because it lets me keep up with friends that I don't see much (which includes people I met abroad). I get along with many of the FB people really well, but we don't message frequently (since we all have our own thing to do and it would be very difficult to keep in touch all the time), but when we do, we can set up a meeting, even as a group message and arrange stuff smoothly.
Plus I like it because I can keep up with all the events that are happening around me (different coffee places, book clubs, pub events, festivals...etc) -usually the events are well updated on FB but are hard to find anywhere else, so I find it to be quite useful for that.

But I do get that sometimes you get frustrated because you get a feeling that others are leading better lives than your own. You should always keep in mind that most people post the BEST parts of their lives on FB, and leave the sad dark ones private and not share it. So it's really pointless to compare it, since FB often displays just the shiny part of someone's reality.

Latest posts

Back