Medical Marijuana

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Kerouac said:
Well I've seen many intelligent people smoke pot, so that's all the proof you need that your personal experiences don't generalize to the entire population.

If they're so intelligent, why did they begin to smoke pot in begin with?

I suppose it's hard to come with a universal definition of "intelligent," but I always consider "being above peer pressure" as part of being intelligent. Especially since pot is illegal, and doing something illegal because everyone else is doing it generally isn't, you know, smart.

wannabeXL said:
If they're so intelligent, why did they begin to smoke pot in begin with?

Um, because they wanted to? I started smoking pot partially because I wanted to explore altered states of consciousness- then I found out it was fun.

I suppose it's hard to come with a universal definition of "intelligent," but I always consider "being above peer pressure" as part of being intelligent.

Trying new things is only based on peer pressure? Since when?

Especially since pot is illegal, and doing something illegal because everyone else is doing it generally isn't, you know, smart.

So what you're saying is the people who fought to abolish slavery weren't smart, because it was illegal? Um, ok. I didn't realize intelligence meant you had to follow laws you don't agree with.

Just a reminder to keep things civil and on topic. THe topic of this thread is Medical Marijuana.
Thanks

Jack Kerouac said:
Trying new things is only based on peer pressure? Since when?

As teenager (or a young adult, or whatnot), three forces influence your decisions: parents, peers, and, the media. I don't suppose your parents one day woke you up and encouraged you to smoke pot. Likewise, the just-say-no movement was at its strongest at the time you started. One can only logically conclude that you picked up pot because of your peers, unless like a typical American you're convinced everything you do you do it because you want to. In which case, I don't know what else to say.

So what you're saying is the people who fought to abolish slavery weren't smart, because it was illegal? Um, ok. I didn't realize intelligence meant you had to follow laws you don't agree with.

Uh-huh. You didn't want drinking or smoking pot to be compared to murder... and yet you're trying to compare smoking pot to abolishing slavery.

See what smoking pot has done to you! It makes you intelligent and yet so inconsistent!

EveWasFramed said:
THe topic of this thread is Medical Marijuana.

I'm aware. I just wanted to have the last word, then I'm out of here. Sorry, Eve.

Well to the topic of medical marijuana, yes, it should definitely be accepted. Smoking pot could certainly do wonders for people having trouble eating for example, and can also help with many types of pain.

wannabeXL said:
As teenager (or a young adult, or whatnot), three forces influence your decisions: parents, peers, and, the media. I don't suppose your parents one day woke you up and encouraged you to smoke pot. Likewise, the just-say-no movement was at its strongest at the time you started. One can only logically conclude that you picked up pot because of your peers, unless like a typical American you're convinced everything you do it because <i>you</i> want to. In which case, I don't know what else to say.

There are a heck of a lot of more forces influencing your decisions than that. Obviously teens and young adults read books, take classes, study, can use rational thinking- the idea that only parents, peers, and the media effects decisions for you at that age is absolutely not true.

Uh-huh. You didn't want drinking or smoking pot to be compared to murder... and yet you're trying to compare smoking pot to abolishing slavery.

I was showing that you were 100% wrong in implying that doing something illegal wasn't intelligent.

I don't have to compare smoking pot to abolishing slavery- I simply had to show you the hole in your logic for that statement to fail.

And nice ad hominem attack to close it out.

The topic of this thread was:

Medical Marijuana

Should marijuana be a medical option?

THis seems to have gone way off topic.

The creator of this thread has asked that it be closed, so it is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back