Meds

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I hope this thread finds you well.

I wanted to make this thread because I feel that with my life experience with respect to addiction and meds often prescribed and not prescribed, I might be able to help some of you.

Are you currently taking anything for depression, irritation, anxiety and suicidal thoughts. Do you believe in taking medication to help you with whatever mental affliction you are suffering from? The reason I ask is due to certain religious beliefs, some people refuse any medication that might help them.

If any of you are on anti-depressants, do you consume alcohol in any fashion? If you are taking an anti-depressant, sometimes it will render your anti-depressant ineffective at surprisingly low amounts of booze.

It's been my experience that just taking the pills isn't a "Cure All". I thought that when I first started taking them, I just had to keep on living the way I was and let the meds work their magic. You have to work with the pills for them to be effective of any decent level. My doctor agrees.

Not trying to be nosy. Just concerned.:)

I don't take medication :D and I never will unless there is a real good reason. I want to fix myself naturally.

I was on an anti-depressant about 6 years ago, I believe it was zoloft. Warning, it made me gain about 20 pounds! So if you have self image problems they may make it worse in the long run..........

same here, I try not to take pills unless I need to, back when I was 8, they put me on ritalin (BS pills) then antidepressants when I was twelve, Ive been off both since I was 16, been fine ever since.

Ive sort of turned to natural alternatives, modern medicine is best for major issues, I hate when people just pop a pill for everything. Ive been clean for 5 years, although I sometimes take OTC pills but not regularly

Fvantom said:
same here, I try not to take pills unless I need to, back when I was 8, they put me on ritalin (BS pills) then antidepressants when I was twelve, Ive been off both since I was 16, been fine ever since.

Ive sort of turned to natural alternatives, modern medicine is best for major issues, I hate when people just pop a pill for everything. Ive been clean for 5 years, although I sometimes take OTC pills but not regularly
Ritalin is brutal on young kids. All it did to me was make me pale and I would drool without even noticing it unless a teacher or fellow student told me. My folks yanked me right off of it after that.

Rayboy said:
I was on an anti-depressant about 6 years ago, I believe it was zoloft. Warning, it made me gain about 20 pounds! So if you have self image problems they may make it worse in the long run..........

Ouch! I feel sorry for you, I was once "suggested" by a doctor to take Zoloft but I respectfully said no. Natural remedies are the way to go.

LoneKiller said:
Fvantom said:

Ritalin is brutal on young kids. All it did to me was make me pale and I would drool without even noticing it unless a teacher or fellow student told me. My folks yanked me right off of it after that.

I have to agree with Fvantom, natural alternatives are best.

I've also heard about Ritalin. I hear about it in the news, sucks that even kids get thrown chemicals.

Ak5 said:
Rayboy said:

Ouch! I feel sorry for you, I was once "suggested" by a doctor to take Zoloft but I respectfully said no. Natural remedies are the way to go.

LoneKiller said:
Fvantom said:

I have to agree with Fvantom, natural alternatives are best.

I've also heard about Ritalin. I hear about it in the news, sucks that even kids get thrown chemicals.

You're right. Those pharmaceutical companies only care about one thing, and it's money. They don't give a honeysuckle about what some meds do to people.

yep, was a 10 year ordeal, going to 10+ doctors, taking ritalin in every dosage imaginable........and it turns out I dont even have ADD or ADHD -_______-

Fvantom said:
yep, was a 10 year ordeal, going to 10+ doctors, taking ritalin in every dosage imaginable........and it turns out I dont even have ADD or ADHD -_______-

****, as LoneKiller said, those companies profited from that 10 year ordeal.

At least you don't have ADD or ADHD lol :D

Feel that more often than not pills rarely do anything but alleviate symptoms, not treat the problems themselves. I've sworn off most any meds. Only ones I'm taking these days is sleep meds, which can't be helped sometimes. Bloody soviet era apartment blocks and people playing loud music in the night. A man needs his bloody sleep or he's going to start breaking down otherwise. So it's lesser of two evils.

I don't take or like meds. I prefer to "cure" things naturally. That could have something to do with the fact that most meds don't work for me, so it's just pumping my system full of crap.

They had me give a go' at several kinds 'o medicine but eventually figured out I was much better without any.

One thing I will say that I hate about medicines is how you have to try several until you find one that works...

If someone had a physical ailment, oh, say, diabetes and the doctor was like "Oh you have to try different diabetes medications before you find one that works." there would be an uproar, but for some reason this is accepted for mental illnesses. Ridiculous in my opinion.

I thought that I'd resurrect this thread for those who are newer and haven't read it, and for those who have, and may have changed medication, or stopped taking any meds that you used to since this thread first started. Perhaps your original opinions may have changed also.

God Bless.
LK

Latest posts

Back