Memorable Quotes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What we are trying to do, during all these discussions and talks here, is to see if we cannot radically bring about a transformation of the mind, not accept things as they are, nor revolt against them. Revolt doesn't answer a thing. You must understand it, go into it, examine it, give your heart and your mind, with everything that you have, to find out a way of living differently. That depends on you, and not on someone else, because in this there is no teacher, no pupil; there is no leader; there is no guru; there is no Master, no Saviour. You yourself are the teacher and the pupil; you are the Master; you are the guru; you are the leader; you are everything. And to understand is to transform what is.

- Jiddu Krishnamurti

Rosebolt said:
What we are trying to do, during all these discussions and talks here, is to see if we cannot radically bring about a transformation of the mind, not accept things as they are, nor revolt against them...

Wow. Strange that I should find this quote right now, since it seems to fit my situation so well. I have never been okay with accepting a bad situation as it is, as the best I can do, "the new normal", etc. It's always left a bad taste in my mouth. But at the same time, when I look at my life, revolting against it has NEVER worked.

"I'm fine, but I'm bipolar. I'm on seven medications, and I take medication three times a day. This constantly puts me in touch with the illness I have. I'm never quite allowed to be free of that for a day. It's like being a diabetic."
Carrie Fisher

When you love someone, truly love them, you lay your heart open to them. You give them a part of yourself that you give to no one else, and you let them inside a part of you that only they can hurt-you literally hand them the razor with a map of where to cut deepest and most painfully on your heart and soul.

-Sherrilyn Kenyon

Code:
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."

Ancient Indian Proverb

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.”
Orson Welles

"-One day I'll escape this hell and you'll be gone.
-NIPPLE SALADS!"

- Legendary Psycho Class Mod

"The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't."

Principia Discordia (originally HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1)

"Life is like a camera...
Focus on what's important,capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

"Atlas was able to hold the opinion that, if he wanted, he could put the earth down and slip away; but he was permitted only to hold this opinion."
Kafka.

I wanna write "I miss you" on a rock and throw it at your face so you know how much it hurts to miss you.

Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame. Romans 5: 2-5

-She's got a tongue like an electric eel, and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

FlashHeart
250px-Blackadder_2_flash-1-.jpg

"The rest of the world is not on your shoulders, and if you try to put it there, it will crush you." - Solivagant

Behind your feelings is nothing, but behind every principle is a promise. - Eric Thomas

"Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul."
Democritus

Latest posts

Back