Memories of a 23 yr Old Virgin

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Depressedology

Reaction score
my birthday in the next few days. I'm turning 23 and I'm still virgin... never a gf, bf, been kissed, hugged, or crapped upon.

looking back how I always tried to lose my virginity or get close to have a partner is disturbing. for 23 yrs, that private part of mine has been nothing but a trouble for me, and a source of depression on top of my loneliness.

ever as I could remember at the age of 9, where I felt sexual and wanted to have sex with one of my classmates. I remember the shy attempts I was making. Fast-forward to age of 15 when this incident that I can't forget took place... I wrote a very sweet-gentle-loving poem to one of my classmates, typed it by computer, with all beautiful words and frames, my name at bottom, then I put it in her desk at school to see the next day. What did she do? She gave it to the principle as a sexual harassment. Now here's what I still can't stand till this day. I was very nice to her as friend, and I was very close to her even just few days before. I even gave her a present, it was set of equipments of an act I was doing for school that she implied that she liked, and I was "really, you can have them!". so it was not a freaky out-of-no-where move at all. I cried in the office, in front of the principle and her to get away from it without telling my parents or a sexual harassment charge. She smiled when I was crying, like.. 'now-I'm-satisfied smile' ..[What a B!tch!!]. you can imagine the emotions' flow of what I got, before what I expected after putting down the paper in her desk. man, I thought she would bring me a letter back. I thought I would get a surprise kiss. huuh, I got a scandal out, because the ***** couldn't just not tell everyone; I just found out by two close friends who told me "hey, you don't know that everybody knows about that" ... that cut me deep. that was the first of its series: 'Open your heart to get stabbed.' she really did.

I learned with days, to die with secrets. I'm either bad with choosing who to open to, or when. experience been painful, since then, I became 10 times more reluctant to ever make a move. In the same year, I got raped under gun point, for over 10 months abusive series. that's a whole another story to talk about, I won't go now into it. but what happened is that I once told the story to one of my 'friends', then he spread it to others and I told him to swear it's a secret. well, that was the last lesson I had to learn in "die with your secrets" chapter. I'd rather spell them on paper and burn it, on random internet blogs and forget about them, but that can't really bring peace, or get you a virtual hug off the screen. .. ah,, it's just never in person.

Just the same story of that girl, happened it college, but difference is, I would never put any poem in her desk again. I think the poem is still in my hand. one after another, and I won't dare to step in any trap. If one word could describe what I became after my rape incident, then it's 'cautious'.. very cautious, too cautious?

To see how from age of 9 till now.. been 14 years of sexual confinement,... wishing.. and I see beautiful. never anything than seeing. I'm normal, and I'm begging for a girlfriend. chuppy, stupid, evil.. I was never picky. honeysuckle, I even thought of turning gay just that it might have better chance to get laid.

I remember my last birthday like it was yesterday. I can tell what i did from the moment i woke up on it. and everyday's been similar since. so... 356 days... period from 22 - 23, definitely been the worst of my life time. is that now, or is it that life getting shittier as it goes on?

It's a lonely christmas, but merry christmas everybody. sorry for the long talk... <3

Go to a freaking bar/pub/club and game on,how hard's that?

Hello Depressedology -- I'm just thinking out loud...would a medically licensed "sexual surrogate" be an option? It would seem to be a more constructive, disease-free approach rather than some skanky whores or expensive prostitutes. And, I'm offering this idea with the utmost respect. I'm concerned. Best, LG:)

Can I say something?
1. It's Not Uncommon: Stop thinking of yourself as abnormal just because you're a virgin. So you're 23 and haven't had any sexual experiences. Big deal. In most cultures apart from the US, premarital sex is frowned upon and people don't really have much experience before 25. You are not alone. And it is not something to stress about.
2. Get Help From People Who Will Understand: You could see a therapist or get online therapy and help for letting go of your rape experience. I'm really sorry this happened to you. Quite a few of us go through traumatic sexual abuse. Why don't you find victims who have had similar experiences on the Net and talk to them about overcoming it, living with it and moving on with your life?
3. Forget About That Girl: People can be soooo mean and bitchy. It's best to forget her. She doesn't deserve you. But I think you're making a big mistake by holding on to all that anger. You're only hurting yourself. Let GO. Not all girls will be mean.

*hugs depressedology*

that sounds terrible I'm really sorry something like that happened to you,
therapy might be a good idea, did you ever file charges? If you can I think you should

and also try not to dwell on the stigma of being a virgins I'll probably still be one when I reach your age, no one really knows how many people over 20 are still virgins

I'm sorry you were raped, that's a horrible thing and it should not happen to anyone. What exactly did you write to her, the girl that turned you into the principal? In summary I mean. Was it a sexual poem?

Ok. I think he was talking about more of a metal rape, a mindfucking if you will, as a metaphor, not a physical rape. Also, I don't think it's the stigma of being a virgin that's bothering him, but rather that he feels ashamed of himself that after 14 years, he still hasn't has any success at all, not even a single kiss. I know how he feels when he mentioned he opened his heart and got stabbed, he was willing to put himself out there and make himself vulnerable and he got burned for it! He took a chance and it didn't follow through for him, I've been rejected so many times, and at a point I had reached I just wanted to say fresia it, if I don't ask anybody out, if I don't extend my feelings to anybody, I can't get hurt like this anymore. It's a way of preventing yourself from getting hurt anymore, especially when it's a deep hurt like this one is. It can cause serious problems, I know how he feels, and can relate very much. Not to this extent however! What happened was horrible, but now it's time to focus on the here and now, however bleak and dreary it may seem! Allow your dark inner feelings to come out, release them, and experience a creative change, and a mental change. It can be a time for development with yourself, and to really delve much father into your psyche!

There's nothing wrong with being a virgin at 23. Sometimes it just takes longer for some people to get into dating and relationships. That doesn't mean those people are deficient or weird. It's just how things are.

Don't let morons tell you otherwise.

@Poueff thanks, my problem is not finding someone to hufh

@LGH1288 thanks, but not sure you understood me, sorry about what made you think that. in short, looking for sex hurt me so much; i don't want it anymore. I laughed at "surrogate.." I wont do it for free...

@sajakajufan 1- what's uncommon is people who're scared of their sexual feelings confinement for so long. 2- rape experience never really hunted me where I can't move from it. It let me view sex more for its materialistic form when it's taken from people. 3- you're right, it might wrong of me to impose her picture on every girl I try to approach.. but such story made me cautious to not fall for the likes of her in the future.

@evanescencefan91 rape experience never really hunted me where I can't move from it. It let me view sex more for its materialistic form when it's taken from people. I'm talking something happened...~8 yrs ago, I remember the faces, names, and those guys locations too. but never filed charges... what can I tell my family,.? it's something I put behind my back and won't turn to it. I don't think I'm dwelt over being a virgin, it's about the accumulated feelings that I kept of being a loner and how sexuality put it down even more.

@SophiaGrace it was not perverted by any mean, that's why the principle would have not done anything even without getting his sympathy by my crying act. but #what happened has happened.. haha

@Adrolak you're amazing, thanks for your understanding. I don't think one could understand me better than what you said. I always doubted this had effects with me much more than I'm aware of. for what you meant by "Allow your dark inner feelings to come out." .. "delve much father into your psyche! " it sounded like what I need, it's great to have this response from you Adrolak.

@Badjedidude thanks, we keep our heads up.

-------------------------------------------------

if you want me to explain more please reply and tell me so.
Thanks for a great chat with you'all . I wish you enjoy your holidays

Poueff said:

Can I just say im a virgin, im 21 years old and I can see I will still be a virgin at 23 and I have gone to bars and clubs none of which worked (im in England so legal to be in bars and clubs at that age) so take you and your disrespectfull comments and fresia off Poueff. If mods dont allow swearing im sorry but people like poueff think this is easy and they wind me up, I hate them.

MrBurns said:
Poueff said:

Can I just say im a virgin, im 21 years old and I can see I will still be a virgin at 23 and I have gone to bars and clubs none of which worked (im in England so legal to be in bars and clubs at that age) so take you and your disrespectfull comments and fresia off Poueff. If mods dont allow swearing im sorry but people like poueff think this is easy and they wind me up, I hate them.

Mr. Burns, Big thanks for making me save what I wanted to say to him

i just turned 29. the closer to 30, the more i think about it and the very few potential missed opportunities i had at experiencing it with someone. :(

I'm so sorry, Depressedology!

God. That girl who reported "sexual harassment" sounds like a real jerk. I don't know what the poem said, but you sound like a nice, sensitive person so I don't imagine it was anything perverse. I know what it's like to be humiliated after you pour your heart into something. I also like how they get you in trouble for a poem when guys all over high schools are always grabbing girls and calling them nasty names without teachers so much as blinking an eye. The world is a pretty stupid place sometimes.

It's really difficult to trust people with your secrets. I find that I can't even trust my closest "friends." Have you tried maybe talking to a counselor or therapist? I can't afford one myself, but when I became really depressed from loneliness or other distressing things, I emailed this Samaritans organization. They reply pretty quickly. I emailed them when I felt like committing suicide, but they help with any emotionally distressing problems. Sometimes it helps having people to talk to: Samaritans link

I hope I'm not offending you.

Also, you sound like a really nice person. I hope you can find the right people in life to treat you kindly, the way you deserve.

Have a happy new year!

@grainofrice24 @edgecrusher @veganatheist :
appreciate the understanding, and knowing some ppl on the same boat as me.
wish you a great year of 2011
@zombieslayer
your reply meant a lot to me, thanks for understaning. I checked the samaritans links you left, and I would come to use it whenever.. so big thanks for that.
I can't stand counselors, I quite every time, and never felt comfortable talking, because they are fake and they listen because they're getting paid for it. Just like if you told me that a prostitute is offering intimacy, while clearly she's doing it for the money.
zombieslyer, thanks again... and wishyou a great happy year away from lonliness :)

Latest posts

Back