Modern mores, Tinder etc

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red_Wedding_Casualty said:
I'm reading some of the texts in that article, and all I can think to myself is: "No. There's no way real people interact like that.' It's like the article says" "Take the young man who keeps a ratings system on the women he beds - while still living with his mother." How is it, that he's able to do that, and yet someone such as I, who rents alone in a unit and holds a secure full time job can't even get so much as a reply.

And this isn't me crying sour grapes. If we're expected to sell our souls like this just for the chance of a meaningful relationship, then no. I'll keep my solitude, thank you very much.

Do you have anything in particular that you say to yoir matches?

Paraiyar said:
Red_Wedding_Casualty said:
I'm reading some of the texts in that article, and all I can think to myself is: "No. There's no way real people interact like that.' It's like the article says" "Take the young man who keeps a ratings system on the women he beds - while still living with his mother." How is it, that he's able to do that, and yet someone such as I, who rents alone in a unit and holds a secure full time job can't even get so much as a reply.

And this isn't me crying sour grapes. If we're expected to sell our souls like this just for the chance of a meaningful relationship, then no. I'll keep my solitude, thank you very much.

Do you have anything in particular that you say to yoir matches?

Not really......

..... And I don't just message random girls either. On OKCupid, I'll only send a message if a mutual like occurs. I'll keep it clean, respectful, and purely friendly. Maybe I'll open with something relevant to their profile, because apparently you're boring if you just open with, 'hi. how are you?'. I'll avoid commenting on their looks, and make sure there's no innuendo in my opening message.

...Of the 2 mutual likes I've received so far, I've been blocked by one, and unliked by another.

Latest posts

Back