Mods please read

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Handerson

I just joined up, but for various reasons I used a 10 minute email address, if you send me an email saying you have accepted my membership and it bounces, please don't ban my IP address. I didn't realise you use manual validation. Thanks!

Hello Handerson and welcome to our community!

I don't fully understand what You mean with "10 minute e-mail address" but i've activated Your account since i didn't see anything wrong with it.

Probably means like he used a mail address that was fake. I sometimes just type any old non real [email protected] :p into games sights just to get to be able to play a game. That way you don't get all the crap they send your way lol Well I have never put robin there but it is the @ address there after so the sight thinks its real ;)

Also Handerson if you go into your user CP here you can change your mail address :)

Bluey said:
Probably means like he used a mail address that was fake.

Maybe not. There are services that will give you a valid email address that only lasts for a set amount of time. An hour, day, week or whatever. For that time period the mail will be sent to you, after that any mail sent to it is automatically trashed.

It is usually used for places that force you to give them an email address for verification or some return mail so a fake won't work, but because you suspect you may end up on a spam list, or for other reason you don't want them to have your real email address.

Yup, the flood of spam has started all kinds of attempts to avoid or get rid of it.

yea, This is true. I have a mail address I use as well for placers where am thinking am going to get spammed.

I should just say this sight never gives your E-mail address out to anyone. And we would never send you one using that ether. Only if you have that option available to us all in your profile. So you well never get any junk mail from us or from any one associated with us.

The concept sounds interesting and something I'll likely explore next time some site wants me to give them an email address.

Latest posts

Back