Money money money money! Money!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronery

Reaction score
Thinking about it, if I had a lot of money I would want to travel the world. Meet new people, see new places, and I would always have a good excuse to be social, I could be a tourist and people seem to find that interesting and are more interested in talking for some reason.

Unfortunately, travel is quite expensive, if you have ever flew on a plane you know what I mean. I just don't have a budget to go around the world. Also, there are really not a lot of opportunities to become a journalist or traveling salesman,or any profession that allows you to travel frequently where I live.

My uncle was a traveling salesman many years ago, however "back in his day" you didn't need any major qualifications or fancy degree. The need for both professions has declined quite dramatically. Who needs a journalist when we have satellites that can take high resolution pictures of every location on the globe. Who needs a traveling salesman when we live in a world where everyone can order what they want at the click of a button. They cut out the middle man so to speak.

I would like to be a journalist but spending 4 years in a University College just to get a piece of paper that says I can be a journalist isn't something that i'm interested in.

I don't really have any ambition for a career that has you stay in one spot. I am only interested in something that allows you to move around. I know firsthand what it is like to stay in the same location for a long time (9 years) and I can't really see myself choosing a career that entails the same.

I am not really interested in working for a big corporation earning minimum wage. Nor am I interested in living above my means and acquiring debt. If I have the choice of living above my means with debt or living within my means and debt free i'll choose the latter each time.

I just want a career that allows me to have fun. I have no interest in drudgery, nor do I care for the "work hard play hard, no pain no gain" approach. I do not care for making a huge amount of money as long as I have a career I like and make enough to get by.

I know a lot of you on this forum are also college age. I would like to know if you feel similarly. Thanks.

I gave up on college. It didn't work for me. No matter how hard I tried. I couldn't find anything that really made sense for me. Now I'm happy and enjoying life instead of worrying about the future. I joined the Marines and went that route. Now that that's done for me I get a pension, like any other job, but I also earned federal healthcare because that was part of the contract GI's get with the government. We hurt ourselves for them, they give us healthcare for those injuries.

But remember, giving up is the easiest thing you can do. I gave up on my dreams and joined the Marine Corps. Now I'm physically disabled. But happy though.

As far as travel, try your own area first. The same things are everywhere. I bet there's a lot of undiscovered stuff in your local area. Caves, mountains, lakes, deserts, volcanos, plains, skyscrapers with roof access... Just daypack and go. You can come home quickly to resupply. This would cost a lot less than going anywhere else because housing has always been the largest expense in my experiences.

Whatever you choose to do, do not choose to dwell. Dwelling is accepting that you have failed to live.

Latest posts

Back