Mood Swings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksondoug3

Reaction score
I'm the kind of person that doesn't really need alot of friends. I'm introverted but I'm okay with myself and who I am most of the time.

Sometimes, though, I start comparing myself with people I know who have alot of friends and are well liked. This makes me feel like I'm not measuring up to what I should be. Then I feel like a failure and my mood goes downward from there. I usually become self-conscious and feel that I'm being judged by everyone. It seems like I over-analyze the social scene I'm in. My moods swings, though rare, usually happen when I'm with other people which makes it even worse.

Just wondering if this happens to anyone else, and if it does how to cope with it. Thanks!

This happens to me when I'm around the various couples I know, which is basically everyone (I'm the only single person I know in real life).

You just have to "keep on keep'n on", as Joe Dirt would say. A surprising source for such good advice.

I used to be like that.

Comparing myself to others wasn't good for me.
Being raise in a competition enviorment gets a person thinking like that.
Then the envy, jealousy and over self consiousness sets in..then I feel like honeysuckle about myself.

Gratitude is the opposite of envy.
So..I simply make a gratitute list of what I have.
Then I start the process of loving myself and self acceptence.

Make my assets and liabities list.
Know myself

Plus I've been around enough to know...I had everything...friends, family, money...etc
Even then, life wasn't perfect for me and I had lot of problems or challenges.
Some of my friends or people were enviest of me..or they'll say...they want what i have.
Looking good..feeling good. It wasn't always bad but it wasn't always good.
People just see me when I'm out and about having a good time...that is all.
They don't see me when I'm down on my knees praying and crying..lmao
Errr...i had freaken problem or was stressed out half of the time.:(

Plus I've been around people with plenty of money , friends, sucesss...etc
Bascailly I live with my millionair friend for a year that had a everything..the money, beaituful girl...etc.
It wasn't perfect for him...he had alot of problems and challenges as will.
Bascailly he's human just like me, have living problems just like me,and he bleeds just like me.
The money, big ass house, beautiful girl, expensive cars...etc Looks like paradize from a distance...but not.lol
He had frigken problems I didn't wanna have :p

Knowing this...you kind of just not worry or stop compairing yourself.

Plus my sponsor is a MD...bascailly a millionair.lmao
He has living problems just like me.
If you didn't know him personally or just see him driving his sportscar, his GF and how he miggle with people,
you would think..."yeah man !!! this guy have it all"..lmao
NOT!...He has more than his fair share of life on life's terms.

Latest posts

Back