Music Videos?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does seeing a music video change the meaning of a song for you?

• Yes, which bugs me because I like to interpret songs on my own without someone else's take on it jam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but it's alright because the music video shows the way the artist that wrote it meant for it to

• No, usually I already understand it the way that it's portrayed in the music video.

• No, I jusy listen to the song and take whatever meaning from it as is appropriate for my stage in li

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Songs actually mean something? I mean, more than cool background noise?

• It's interesting to see the artist further express the meaning of their work, but it doesn't dictate

• It's annoying to see music videos because forever after that I get weird, meaningless mental immages

• Qui is on crack for asking this question.

• Total voters

Qui

Reaction score
Well, ok.
So if you've got a favorite.
Or just a few that you like a lot.
Here's what you do;
hahastickithere-1.jpg

Yeah, that's the deal.

So, to start things out, this is my all time favorite.
It came out when I was five.
If It Makes You Happy -Sheryl Crow

Being on dial up i don't watch much off of youtube.

As far as changing the meaning, there have been times where the writers meaning has become clear to me from a video though more frequently it doesn't make any difference in how i understand their meaning.

I really wonted to vote the last one lol But did not I voted the first one... There some well thought out answers in the poll Qui and ye that last song I really would like to see that why stoned......Not....Not that I do. Get stoned that is.

i like them because it shows what the artist was thinking about
and you can view someone elses persepective of the song rather than sticking with your own

Latest posts

Back