must. not. think. must . sleeepp!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sodium

Reaction score
Every time I try to sleep it takes me atleast an hour or two (if I'm lucky) to fall asleep. I just lay there and think of every single thing.

Seriously its crazy.. I think about today, tomorrow, after tomorrow, how I didnt like that shirt I bought, how I need to find something I lost and where I might find it, a book I want to read, some one I missing, what colors I should dye my hair but what if that color doesnt look good then what will I do, people I havent spoken to and people I have, that guy, should I get up and pee, what I'll have for breakfast, then I think about how the universe was made then about god and stuff then I freak out and change the thought, then about whether I should buy that camera I wanted or new shoes, then what time I think I'll wake up and who should I call when I do, should I clean my room or not and what should I clean first, why I bought that blue shirt when the green one looked better, I ate too much today so I should try not to tomorrow, .... and on and on and on!!! Then I think stop thinking.. stop stop stop... then hey I wonder what time it is... if I dont sleep then I'll never get up early, and should I just cancel tomorrow because I'll probably be too tired, oh why didnt I sleep earlier..

:club: STOP THINKING... my poor brain, i wonder if all this thinking is wearing it out..

That's just alittle bit of what happens :S

I tried listening to music. I stayed up even longer listening to the words of the songs!

Any way I could just think "good night" and fall asleep? :(

lol Just shut everything down...just forget about EVERYTHING! Even sleeping..don't think about falling alseep, that will fresia it all up. Try reading a boring book like, the Bible or a dictionary..or watch documentaries..those droning voices always put me to sleep >.>

practice disconnecting/ignoring. let the thoughts slide across your mind like ships on a distant horizon. move away from them and dont connect with them emotionally. they are just leaves floating on the stream of consciousness, you can watch the leaves without zooming in to see all the detail.

and when you have mastered this disattachment Yoda Sodium... teach me! :p

The same thing happens to me all the time. I have yet to find a worthwhile, longterm solution. Very frustrating.

:);):rolleyes::shy::rolleyes2::(:club:
Thats what I feel my dear after this post of yours.
And also that you are dead hilarious !!! :cool:

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
practice disconnecting/ignoring. let the thoughts slide across your mind like ships on a distant horizon. move away from them and dont connect with them emotionally. they are just leaves floating on the stream of consciousness, you can watch the leaves without zooming in to see all the detail.

and when you have mastered this disattachment Yoda Sodium... teach me! :p

haha then wish me luck young jedi!

I downloaded this 10 min long clip or whatever of rain falling.. It kinda works.
And I realized that if I listen to an audiobook with a male reader.. I fall asleep faster.. Weird :p

Just dont think about anything. when you start thinking of something, order yourself to shut the heck up. thats' what i do and it works like a charm. *yawn* o_o just thinking about not thinking about anything is making me tired! xD

I don't sleep for hours after I think I should be sleeping. My mind is constantly going. It's to the point now where I'm being worn down physically. I don't know what to do either. I'm tired, but nothing can make me sleepy. I went to bed at 6 in the morning, and was woken up at 8. I've been up for two hours now, and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Yet still, I'm not sleepy.

i understand. I had the same problem here. Couldnt sleep in highschool because i had so many thoughts and ideas what else should i do instead of sleeping but i couldnt, because i had to get up early in the morning.
It's just i like night that much and i prefer staying awake at night. I really think i'm half vampire or something xD
It's just so quiet and peaceful and you can sit on a balcony with a cigarette, watching those empty streats and thinking evil thoughts :D (sort of)
I totally got used to going to bed at 6am and waking up at 2pm.

I used to have the same problem. Literally 5 days ago I had been staying up until 3-4am when I got sleepy enough to pass-out and sleeping till 11-12:30. I never would try going to bed earlier. I hated the idea, because I knew I would go through exactly what you described, Sodium. Then randomly I discovered an herb called Valerian root which was said to be a mild sedative and helps people with insomnia to relax and fall asleep easier. I figured Id give it a try so I ordered 1oz of it on eBay here

Valerian root

and here's some info on it

Valerian root info

It came in the mail shortly and that night I brewed it with some tea and was amazed that I fell asleep quckly after turning it at 10:30! I must have been out within 15 minutes and slept through the night. I've had a cup of this tea each night this week and have been falling asleep easily every night.

I highly recommend you give it a try as well. Im actually curious to see if it works as well for others as it did for me. The only thing is 1oz doesnt last very long. Tonight will be my last brew with what I have left and I only have been using it since Monday. I went ahead and bought 4 more oz from the same seller and also bought some seeds to try and grow the plant to harvest some of my own.

Another thing is the taste, which I've read some people dont like very much. I actually dont mind it, but I'm weird. :p You can brew it with other flavored teas to cover the taste, which I do even though the taste doesnt bother me.

Whatever method you try I wish you luck.

Latest posts

Back