My beloved Whitney

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grundel70

Reaction score
I wrote this poem for Whitney a little over a year ago. I still miss her terribly.

"Unmatched love. Dedicated companion. Forever friend. My heart is with you always, even at the end. Through troubled tears and my aching heart I said my goodbyes the day we were finally apart.

Tears stain my pillow still to this very day, you are in a better place now. You are free to play

I remember the day we met. You came with my new bride.A life to look forward too, my joy unable to hide Sweet loving kisses is how you first greeted me, I knew from that point on best friends we would be.

Our home was not complete without your blessing true, there was no family, no home. Not without you.

Frisbee’s you chased, stuffed animals you chewed. Crazy figure eight’s you ran when my face you viewed. Tug of war and blanket monster among your favorite games We played til I was breathless. You put me to shame! You loved to swim as most lab’s love to do. Riding in the car with the window down, me and you.

Romping in the snow, bounding with joyful leaps. Chasing a squirrel across the yard you would sweep. Yellow lightning, visage of speed as you ran! Whatever toy you would chase with all the energy you can The height you reached when you sprung in the air, athletic and mighty, through your wind swept hair.

My marriage over, but you stayed with me yet. You would kiss away my tears, until the pain I forget was replaced with your love and your reassuring smile. Able to always cheer me up in your own precious style, together we marched on, now just you and I My broken heart healed. My tears you would dry.

In the years that would come your body would slow. As much as I tried to help, the end was coming, I know. You tried so hard to keep up, steadfast you held on. Your spirit remained true, your dedication never gone. Your age finally caught up, and now the time has come You begged me for healing, the hardest thing I have done

Goodbye my sweetheart. Soon I will see you again. But until that time, my heart aches deep with pain. No longer can you comfort my tears, not til we meet. We will play together as before, that day so sweet! I love you so much. I weep for you still this day In my precious memories and my heart you will always stay.

One day the pain will be replaced by precious memories. And thoughts of you will bring smiles and peace But know that now, and forever to come what may I will love you always and for your happiness I pray. Until the day when we finally meet what we each lost, the Rainbow Bridge together we will cross."

www.whitneyoverton.critters.com

grundel70 said:
I wrote this poem for Whitney a little over a year ago. I still miss her terribly.

"Unmatched love. Dedicated companion. Forever friend. My heart is with you always, even at the end. Through troubled tears and my aching heart I said my goodbyes the day we were finally apart.

Tears stain my pillow still to this very day, you are in a better place now. You are free to play

I remember the day we met. You came with my new bride.A life to look forward too, my joy unable to hide Sweet loving kisses is how you first greeted me, I knew from that point on best friends we would be.

Our home was not complete without your blessing true, there was no family, no home. Not without you.

Frisbee’s you chased, stuffed animals you chewed. Crazy figure eight’s you ran when my face you viewed. Tug of war and blanket monster among your favorite games We played til I was breathless. You put me to shame! You loved to swim as most lab’s love to do. Riding in the car with the window down, me and you.

Romping in the snow, bounding with joyful leaps. Chasing a squirrel across the yard you would sweep. Yellow lightning, visage of speed as you ran! Whatever toy you would chase with all the energy you can The height you reached when you sprung in the air, athletic and mighty, through your wind swept hair.

My marriage over, but you stayed with me yet. You would kiss away my tears, until the pain I forget was replaced with your love and your reassuring smile. Able to always cheer me up in your own precious style, together we marched on, now just you and I My broken heart healed. My tears you would dry.

In the years that would come your body would slow. As much as I tried to help, the end was coming, I know. You tried so hard to keep up, steadfast you held on. Your spirit remained true, your dedication never gone. Your age finally caught up, and now the time has come You begged me for healing, the hardest thing I have done

Goodbye my sweetheart. Soon I will see you again. But until that time, my heart aches deep with pain. No longer can you comfort my tears, not til we meet. We will play together as before, that day so sweet! I love you so much. I weep for you still this day In my precious memories and my heart you will always stay.

One day the pain will be replaced by precious memories. And thoughts of you will bring smiles and peace But know that now, and forever to come what may I will love you always and for your happiness I pray. Until the day when we finally meet what we each lost, the Rainbow Bridge together we will cross."

www.whitneyoverton.critters.com

So poignant.

(After going to your pet memorial page)....
***Sniff...Brushes away tears****

Whitney was a beautiful dog...
Animals are a precious gift, and I'm glad you were able to spend 16 years of your life with her. I lost my cat, Jazz, on October 30th, 2005, and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. He was my absolute soulmate, my best friend, and losing him was the single-most difficult moment of my life...Even now, I have trouble talking about him without breaking into tears....:(

Anyway, thank you for sharing your writing...Pets are a blessing in our lives, and their pawprints stay in our hearts forever...Your life was made that much richer because of Whitney, and I'm sure Whitney felt the same way about you...:)

Latest posts

Back