My Cat Is Dying.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when my daughters cat got sick I took him to the vet and then I paid the bill off in small amounts over a LONG period of time. Hell I am still paying for that ******* cat! Just take the cat there they will let you pay it off in payments. If you really dont care then get the gun out and put a bullet in its head and end its suffering!

She just needs to understand that even if 'she hates cats' or 'she don't care for them' there is a difference between letting it die a painful death naturally and putting it to sleep considering it as an animal.

hmm, let it die naturally, or murder it?... i'm confused about which is right and which is wrong.

Punisher said:
hmm, let it die naturally, or murder it?... i'm confused about which is right and which is wrong.

It's not murder. I had that view towards 'putting to sleep' too before. But if cat is suffering from great pain (in his cat's case I guess it is because he mentioned cat's unable to breath properly) we should think with some sense that either to let it suffer and die this way or to let it put to sleep by letting it die peacefully without suffering as in Mercy Killing.

..and that only if we are sure that the cat is gonna die anyway.

Sanal said:
Punisher said:

It's not murder. I had that view towards 'putting to sleep' too before. But if cat is suffering from great pain (in his cat's case I guess it is because he mentioned cat's unable to breath properly) we should think with some sense that either to let it suffer and die this way or to let it put to sleep by letting it die peacefully without suffering as in Mercy Killing.

Both ways sound wrong to me, but i think having it put down is something i couldn't do. I don't eat any animals (not even eggs), because i feel too guilty to, so how can i take it to a vet to be killed.

Punisher said:
Sanal said:
Punisher said:

Both ways sound wrong to me, but i think having it put down is something i couldn't do. I don't eat any animals (not even eggs), because i feel too guilty to, so how can i take it to a vet to be killed.
Yeah I hate it too but I would feel better putting it to sleep than seeing it suffer from pain.

Sanal said:
Yeah I hate it too but I would feel better putting it to sleep than seeing it suffer from pain.

I agree.

I'm sorry about the position you're in, Knight. Deciding the fate of any living creature, even a cat, isn't (or at least shouldn't be) easy. A veterinarian definitely needs to be consulted.

If it were me, I'd have it put down. Having said that, I can't help but wonder what the cat would prefer. Man, I wish animals could talk to us.

Punisher said:

ive thought about this, too. everyone speaks of compassion in putting a suffering animals down, that letting it suffer to death is wrong. Has anyone been in a nursing home??? ive worked in those places and i can tell you it would be humane to put most of those people "down".

heretostay said:
Punisher said:

ive thought about this, too. everyone speaks of compassion in putting a suffering animals down, that letting it suffer to death is wrong. Has anyone been in a nursing home??? ive worked in those places and i can tell you it would be humane to put most of those people "down".

There is a difference between a human and a pet. No I am not talking about the value of life of human or value of life of a pet but if you think about it, you will know how much a human can do while suffering and how much a pet can do when it is suffering.

VanillaCreme said:
If the cat is in pain, that's sad. But what's the difference between going to put it to sleep and letting it die naturally? It's sad, but it's eventually going to die either way.

You make a very good point. If it was in the wild it would not be put down.

I however would take it to the vet. I would also help someone I loved to die if I thought it was best. Regardless of the prison sentence I would have to serve later.

Knight said:
Yeah but if I do then my parents and especially my brother will never forgive me.

I have family that are very cold towards this kinder thing and just say things like its an animal.

You love your cat to bits of this I know. Try and help him mate.

But if your not able to go against your mum and dad are talk them round to doing the right thing, well all you can do is your best and no moor.

Don't best your self up over honeysuckle you can not do anything about. I have been scared of doing things be for out of fear cos of ppl I lived with. Its not easy. You can only be has strong has you are and no moor.

Sanal said:
She just needs to understand that even if 'she hates cats' or 'she don't care for them' there is a difference between letting it die a painful death naturally and putting it to sleep considering it as an animal.

Zak, I know that. I'm not heartless. But if I had a pet that was in pain like that and too old to bounce back, I would take it to go be put down.

He's doing better, we cleaned up most of the blood, and have been putting some of this cream and it's healing more and more everyday, he's old but I don't think he's going to die yet.

Latest posts

Back