My online radio show.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh noes, you guys need another female to step in so you can continue to get stuff from our perspective.

By the way, yes. A lot of women want to be a princess. We grow up hearing about girls being rescued, taken away from all of the horrible/ mundane stuff by this guy who has looks, charm, and money. And men don't hear anything about being princes that make them especially want to be that. Typically, he has to be the tough hero. I can only think of two non-royal guys from these children's movies: Aladdin and Dimitri. They both hooked up with the princess, but they weren't rescued, either. So there's no reason for guys to do that. Oh, but I have seen boys dress up as knights for Halloween!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Disney said that Tangled was to be it's last Princess movie because girls don't think about that as the ultimate in awesome any more. There's a bigger focus on, and I ******* shudder to use this word in this context, "Hot" girls, like Hannah Montana, so on and that's going to be their goal. That is various parts depressing, gross and disturbing. Not to sound like a perv', here, but I prefer the Princess to whatever the fresia you'd call that.

Oh, yea, Tangled. I forgot that one because it's new. At least the guy there was used to getting in trouble, and it wasn't a new thing to save the girl. If Disney stops those sorts of movies, I really hope Fox fills in. They're the ones who made Anastasia (and one of my favorite movies, Titan AE). Dimitri from Anastasia was sort of used to getting in trouble, but fighting against magic was probably a new thing for him.

One day, my kid's best friend came over, and they kept the Disney channel on all day in the background while they played. In the morning, it was all shows for babies and toddlers. From there, they went straight on to teen shows. There's no in-between. I find it kind of horrific that my elementary school kid has to choose between, "This ball is Yellow. Yellow!" and, "Oh, my god. He is sooooo cute. I have to wear my super short super tight minidress so he'll notice and maybe kiss me!!" Stuff like that led to the decision not to get cable when we moved. I seriously doubt this was the direction Walt had in mind.

Latest posts

Back