My Polaroids

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I know what you mean although I find it funny that my 2 year old Polaroids actually look older and more washed out than the instant shots my parents took in the 70s.

I actually very rarely show my face in my photography so these shots haven't been edited for sharing here. I have got called out about this in the past and it's even been described as "disgraceful" which is of course ridiculous. I find it interesting and it makes you think about conveying emotions and moods a lot more when you aren't relying on facial expressions.

I love these! I really like the washed-out look. It really provides a powerful emotional statement to them.

I loved the old Polaroid camera I had once upon a time... :)

annik said:

I ADORE this one! So dark and moody.

Dragonfriend said:
This one looks like a bird. Either a cardinal, a swallow, or a raven.

Just beautiful :)

Oh wow I've never noticed that before but you're right!

Thanks!

annik said:

I really love this.

I might be being a bit ignorant here, but is this based on a famous photo or image from something?

You know how sometimes an image or a bit of a song strikes you immediately, seems familiar straight away... that's how I've felt when I looked at this.

Anonymous Rex said:
I really love this.

I might be being a bit ignorant here, but is this based on a famous photo or image from something?

You know how sometimes an image or a bit of a song strikes you immediately, seems familiar straight away... that's how I've felt when I looked at this.

Thank you.

I didn't have anything in mind when I took it. I always though it had a "crime scene" feel to it especially the version I took with flash.

LonelyInAtl said:
I had a One-Step back in the day!

:) That's cool!

MadMonkè said:
how did u turn transparent for this one?
its eerie as hell...

It was taken with a pinhole camera and I used a very long exposure time. I walked into the shot after the exposure had started as well.

These are great, sublime and ethereal and I love that kind of slightly garish dreamy quality look, always liked that effect. I might like to use one or two of them for one of my mix pictures (pics I like to put up with my mixes on Soundcloud, like to have one with each mix like an avatar). I wouldn't mind putting a few in my picture folders that have all my fave artsy pics/black and white compositions and such.

Be interested to see more, Annik - good stuff indeed

Hello I just found this thread. I was looking to see if there was already a photography thread as I like to take photos too but they're not polaroids.

annik said:
6845017955583d67e898zsi.jpg

This one is so beautiful, amazing lighting.

Latest posts

Back