My thinking pattern

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Namzii_Hash

Reaction score
I have no idea why, but this is what I think about EVERY SINGLE DAY.

my-feelings.jpg

First I repeatedly think about the word fire, maybe conjuring a mental image of one. Then, I think about suicide (not actually considering it but just thinking about it). After that I think about becoming a steampunk overlord. Finally I either day dream about women (NOT wet dreaming) or get all depressed.

Any thoughts?

Namzii_Hash said:
I have no idea why, but this is what I think about EVERY SINGLE DAY.

my-feelings.jpg

First I repeatedly think about the word fire, maybe conjuring a mental image of one. Then, I think about suicide (not actually considering it but just thinking about it). After that I think about becoming a steampunk overlord. Finally I either day dream about women (NOT wet dreaming) or get all depressed.

Any thoughts?

If this is how you're thinking every day, you should probably get some professional help.

sadface said:
If this is how you're thinking every day, you should probably get some professional help.

Yeah, you might think that with my tendency to punch walls. I only think about these when I'm nervous or embarrassed though, ya know, when I'm flustered and want to stop thinking about something. The unfortunate part is I always am :(

If youre just thinking about these things sometimes youre probably ok.

But if youre thinking of these in an ordered pattern every day over and over it kind of sounds like OCD.

OCD does not just mean washing your hands over and over. Its about rituals. I once heard of a woman who had to tap her hands every time someone made the K sound. If this is a ritual I think you should seek help.

That doesn't sound too weird to me.

Every day I wonder why the people who are around me that annoy me aren't dead. Then I find ways to kill them and get away with it. Then I realize that doing so would probably be wrong. Then I get sad because I can't kill them.

:D

Seriously, though... this isn't too strange. I don't think professional help is needed, but it probably wouldn't hurt to find someone to talk to, or find some interests that allow you to vary your thought patterns a bit more.

eris said:

But if youre thinking of these in an ordered pattern every day over and over it kind of sounds like OCD.

OCD does not just mean washing your hands over and over. Its about rituals. I once heard of a woman who had to tap her hands every time someone made the K sound. If this is a ritual I think you should seek help.

Does this count as OCD?

Exhale, Inhale, Inhale, Exhale, Inhale, Exhale, Exhale, Inhale, Exhale, Inhale, Inhale, Exhale, Inhale, Exhale, Exhale, Inhale.

ALSO

Up, Down, Down, Up, Down, Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Down, Up, Down, Down, Up.

This started when I was 9 or 10. It has since happened less and less. I do sort of fiddle my hands a lot though.

Namzii_Hash said:
eris said:

Does this count as OCD?

Exhale, Inhale, Inhale, Exhale, Inhale, Exhale, Exhale, Inhale, Exhale, Inhale, Inhale, Exhale, Inhale, Exhale, Exhale, Inhale.

ALSO

Up, Down, Down, Up, Down, Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Down, Up, Down, Down, Up.

This started when I was 9 or 10. It has since happened less and less. I do sort of fiddle my hands a lot though.

Wait, what? o_O I'm lost.... sorry. What's the inhale/exhale up/down thing? Do you do that or you just think it as well...?

Ftr, I lold @ BJD's post. =))

Breathe, look at the pattern of it. It's not just inhale, exhale. There's a certain pattern.

But yes, maybe not serious professional help, but these all seem like rituals. Which, I have OCD myself, however I don't have anything that's a ritual. Perhaps someone can help you break out of these rituals.

iBreathe said:
Wait, what? o_O I'm lost.... sorry. What's the inhale/exhale up/down thing? Do you do that or you just think it as well...?

Ftr, I lold @ BJD's post. =))

And yet your name is (I)Breathe

But I guess I wasn't being clear, the inhale/exhale thing is like Vanilla said, done in a certain pattern. The up/down thing is done in a certain pattern also, its the direction of my head (look up, look down, etc, etc.)

Right, it's not so much the fact of what's being said, or observed even. It's the pattern in which someone does it. For example, there was a girl on a documentary in which she had to look up at her bathroom mirror and smile, and then touch the light switch a few times. It's not so much what's done, as it is the pattern. Her belief was, if she didn't look up and smile into the mirror, that God would take her mom away from her. It was a ritual she did for a long time, before she got the help to break out of it.

My name... it has nothing to do with patters or understanding and stuff. It's just me saying I'm still breathing. Barely... but I'm still breathing.

Sorry... didn't mean to offend anyone. =(

Breathe, he just mean the inhale, exhale thing... It's breathing... iBreathe. Breathing.

Latest posts

Back