my work "friends"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyGuy

Reaction score
It seems like most of them lived the typical American dream kinda life. They were good-looking, star athletes in high school and dated the cheerleaders who wouldn't touch me with a ten-foot pole. They finished college, got good jobs and married their high school or college sweethearts. They like getting away from their responsibilities to get together and play poker with the guys every now and then. They don't know how jealous I am of them and the things they take for granted. I'd gladly give up the freedom to play poker any night of the week to have a wife who cares where I am and what I'm doing. They act like it's the old ball and chain already. I own a brand new, two-story colonial house, but it's not a home. It's a quiet, dreary place, filled with sterile Ikea furniture. You go to their houses and they feel like warm homes. It's the woman's touch. I'm not saying that they don't deserve everything that they have. One day i'll learn to accept my misfortune. Until then, I have every right to feel sorry for myself.

You are not alone sir. Not alone.

I am at the point where I have pretty much given up as well.
I don't see things changing unless I come up with some kind of grand scheme.
If I find one that works, I will let you know.

Latest posts

Back