naive, stupid or just good old lies?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matej

Reaction score
So I'm an interesting person, eh? So I'm such a nice guy? So I'm such a great person?

Now tell me. Why can't I be your friend? Why do you avoid me? Why you don't want to talk with me? Telling me you'll invite me somewhere, then doing no such thing. Oh why? Just to be nice and polite? Just so to make me feel good? Why pretend? Just tell me you couldn't care less... I know I'm not important enough for you to hate me. Yes, not even that. Nothing.

lies.png

All lies... once nothing, always nothing.

When I fall asleep
I feel naked in my mind
My mind is showing me
Things I don't want to see
From the past and what is to be
It's all too much for me

As it shows who I'm gonna be
And it shows who I really am
Reality is shown within my dreams
I have to stay awake by any means

I can't be proud of myself
A masquerade of who I am
I feel that's my only help
Don't want to belong to the damned
Yet to the damned I belong
All hope forever gone
Sleepless nights what I get
A state of mind I regret
I regret what I see when asleep
All left for me to keep
Nightmare visions, tossing and turning
The sight of my mind burning

lyrics stolen from 'Inside The Mind' by Officium Triste

Matej, I feel the same way. People try to be nice, but even that is an insult--like I am not even worth being honest to, or worse, perhaps they think that they are doing me a kindness in being half-heartedly friendly because I cannot find people who will actually want me and genuinely like me.

It doesn't help when others say that they mean well, because it's not like there is any dignity in being a charity case. I think the best way to face such things is to realize that they in fact are the naive ones. You're on to them. And even if it is painful that friendships and love do not come easy, at least there's that: that you're smart enough to know the do-gooders from the genuine friends. The pain is only there because we deserve more than what we have. At least that's what I would like to believe.

That just gets my blood boiling.
Reading your post brought up the memories that I have of people who would casually invite me over, only to never hear from them again.
I would much rather that they kept their mouth shut instead of leading me into thinking that I am actually wanted.
There isn't much to be said...other than, I hope that you can find people who will appreciate your time.
Some people are truly inconsiderate.
I hate it, and I feel your frustration.

"You're nice" is code for "youre pleasant but boring"...bland almost.

Everyone wants to be ******* entertained.

[youtube]K0zzNc30AsY[/youtube]

Nice song btw :)

^^^**** straight, soph. Sucks, don't it?

A lot of people do approach (any type of) relationships that way... and it's very unfortunate. If you're not entertaining enough or exciting enough, then you get passed over.

Latest posts

Back