Need a Buddy...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exasperated

Reaction score
I'm looking for a buddy that might be able to check in on me and I could do the same for them. I've been lonely for so long now I'm having trouble getting out of bed and doing basic things like sleeping and eating.

I am not looking for advice in this thread. I appreciate the intent, but hearing/reading anymore "advice" will push me over the edge right now. I am working on this and it would really help if there is someone willing to message me to check in and make sure I'm ok.

Thanks

hey exasperated :)

I'm not very good at giving advice, but I enjoy chatting and being around :)

That's perfect. I'm looking for support, not advice :)

AmytheTemperamental said:
hey exasperated :)

I'm not very good at giving advice, but I enjoy chatting and being around :)

Hey Exaspertated feel free to message me too, i actually give a lot of advice its a bad habit but if i do it just bonk me in the head with something and ill stop. But id be very glad to make a new friend. Hope youre having a good day so far.

If you don't mind talking to a chatterbox who uses words that people usually don't use, but who can talk about pretty much anything you want and probably not bore you (probably cause nothing is for sure), then you can email me through the forum. If you're worried about security just create a second gmail or yahoo email address for talking to me.

(I actually like email more than forum so this would work great for me too.)

Hey, I can check in on you if you want. I agree advice can get irritating and draining after awhile, especially since you've probably heard it all before and I promise I won't offer you any unsolicited "miracle cure-alls" haha. I'm more than willing to listen and/or engage in periodic vent fests about how screwed we feel, as well as offering as much support and encouragement as I feel capable to give. I've been kind of languishing and only vaguely functional lately myself, just going nowhere with my lack of sufficient motivation to fully engage in the tasks needed to progress from this existence along with extreme disinterest towards any kind of constructive activity. Being stuck is a tricky business.

Hi Exasperated, having read your posts and the replies it seems that you've had a decent response including some PM's.

There are a bunch of us that need companionship just as much as you do, so I truly hope that you've replied to some. It's a nice feeling when you log in and find someone has left a message in your inbox.

Ya me too, it sucks sitting alone and knowing no one cares if you are OK or not.

“Dogs never bite me. Just humans". ~ Marilyn Monroe

Kudos to the OP for asking for this. I'm surprised more haven't done the same. Seems like a simple message or text from another person can go a long way.

-Teresa

Asking for something makes one vulnerable, in my opinion anyway. It's taking a risk....the other person can say yes or say no, or just ignore the plea which is the same as saying no. I for one, and I'm guessing at least a few others on this forum, are no strangers to vulnerability. I can see lots of reasons why asking for something could be tantamount to asking for one more disappointment. :club:

Very well put, Constant Stranger. I don't like to chase people, if they don't care enough to call why would I believe them even if they would say they will check on me. That would just be a lie. You can't beg someone to care when they don't. And no one wants some do gooder that doesn't really care calling, cuz ya know their not being genuine and doing it for the wrong reasons. I had that happen once, some guy that I had fix my computer, so I think he wants to become friends, but really it was just he wanted to convert me into a church going never stop talking the talk Christian, like himself. And he soon tired of me and dumped me completely, so gutless he wouldn't even answer a call or letter. Fakes and phonies no one needs. They just cause more pain.

Teresa, Are you alone now or have you ever been completely alone without any love and caring for a very long time in life? It made me wonder because of your saying "Seems like a simple message or text from another person can go a long way". Think about elderly folks with either kids that don't bother with them or that have no one, a simple bit of conversation at the store or to anyone that will be kind enough to listen and take an interest in them can mean a great deal. That's why they can sometimes be easily conned. Everyone wants to be cared about in this life. Living and merely existing are two vastly different things.

I'm always happy to pm or check up on you if you need it :) Different people need different things, some need comforting words, others just need to know that someone cares how they're doing.

tc00 said:
Teresa, Are you alone now or have you ever been completely alone without any love and caring for a very long time in life? It made me wonder because of your saying "Seems like a simple message or text from another person can go a long way".

That is a multi-layered question. I have a child so I'm not alone in the literal sense but lonely? Yes. Sometimes devastatingly so. There have been times before my child was old enough to speak in complete sentences when I've gone days without talking to a single person.

I've always been impressed when someone says they're lonely as there is a stigma attached to it. Like if you admit to being lonely, it's like saying you have a contagious disease.

Knowing how meaningful it is when someone reaches out to me reminds me how important it is for me to personally extend the same kindness to others with a simple message or text.

Take the Christmas card exchange here on the forum, for example. The last 2 Christmases have been better because of the simple yet thoughtful cards I received from other members and I hope others feel the same about the cards I send. :)

-Teresa

Thanks, Kolmer. Each of us has a different story, but all of us need people that care. Another day talking to myself, ya sometimes feel like you're going nuts from it. I go weeks without hearing another voice, except meows and woof-woofs. They are great loyal friends but not very good conversationalists. One of my dogs that had been in a puppy mill was very intrigued by the TV at first. He looked behind it and really seemed to analyze how Mister Ed could be in that little box. He would bark at him too. But after he figured it out, he was no longer a fan of my old TV programs.

Thanks for the reply, SofiasMami. Ya, holidays are hard for sure. It's funny for all those that suffer from depression in some form, it still has a stigma attached to it as well.

Latest posts

Back