Need a hug?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osiris

Reaction score
God that title makes me cringe and I don't know why, I hate being soft. But I've been sitting here just thinking, this pain in me would probably go if I just had someone to hug. I've moved and there's no support, no-one to hug me when I'm down. I don't know how I've been so strong the last month, I've moved abroad because of no job opportunities at home, not just that though really. There was no LIFE opportunities, people were dieing of alcoholism in dead end jobs married to people they hate all in their 30's. I spent the first couple of days here crying myself to sleep. Right now I feel like a rock, I'm not letting myself feel emotion because I'm scared of breaking down here. Away from my mum, the greatest woman in my life. She's the only person who knows what to say. But right now I just really need a hug, I could honestly hug anyone I'm lacking physical contact that much. I didn't know it could become a physical pain like this. I was wondering if anyone else had any experience of this, just needing a hug and having nobody.

Well how's about a creepy old man hug + shoulder rub? You know, the kind of unwelcome and unasked for 'physical contact'...

Not doing it for you? Ah well.

Value every moment you have left with your mother.

ardour said:
Well how's about a creepy old man hug + shoulder rub? You know, the kind of unwelcome and unasked for 'physical contact'...

Not doing it for you? Ah well.

Value every moment you have left with your mother.

That's it, she's in another country. Otherwise I'd be there now..

I'm sorry your going through a rough time Osiris, I can relate to what your feeling. Try playing some music, either happy or sad, a good cry to some good music can help a lot, along with going outside for walk, just to get out and get some fresh air.

I know it's not the real thing but i hope this helps

c21d603b59cbe86ab54b5384a1892bd1.jpg

I have never been a hugger, I honestly hate hugs, unless they are from a GF or something to that affect. But I do know how you feel, as I crave that Small moment of contact. what helps me in those moments is my Dog who is 100lbs and thinks he is a Lap dog. So I get to hug him and cuddle with him and even though he's not human contact that I want, He does draw my attention away with his persistant pet me attitude. I'm sorry for What your going through. It's never fun.

I am sorry you're going through this Osiris.

I think a lot of us here can relate to this. Sometimes, all we need is a hug or to hold hands with someone and that small bit of physical contact somehow helps loads.

I have three dogs that love to cuddle and I am lucky to have some good friends who give me long, strong hugs whenever they see me. But I remember the days when I used to live alone in a foreign country knowing barely anyone. I just hugged my pillows to sleep most nights.

I hope you meet people who are huggers soon (or get a special someone).

For now, here's one from me: hug

My family were never much one for hugs, so they always seemed awkward to me. Then someone happened into my life who was raised on hugging, their family were big on hugging and that is how they greeted people. Never realized how good it could feel for someone to just give you a hug whenever you needed it. So yeah, totally get where you are coming from.

Nah, just about every **** day X)

Have a hug, and hopefully feel better ^_^

I think about it every day. I had a good hug once when I was like 7 years old or something, and I think it's amazing how something so simple can make you feel so much better.

Ginko said:
I think about it every day. I had a good hug once when I was like 7 years old or something, and I think it's amazing how something so simple can make you feel so much better.

Yeah
It's been many year when someone hug me and I cried that time ,because it was felt like there's someone who cares you.

Latest posts

Back