need advice on ex-gf wanting to be friends again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had it work out awesomely and I've had it not work out at all. It all depends on the people and the circumstances. There was a good year of not much contact in the one that worked awesomely. That could have something to do with it.

you are completely right jaguargundi... I agree with you 100%.

But I don't want to be an *******. trust me, I hate her guts. I probably hate her more than love her. but theres still little part of me wishing/hoping that somehow, in another dimension, or in 1 out of 1000000 chance that we could be together again.

I'm just so torn. i hate her but I love her. I want her to be happy thats all. I know I am just a doormat. she only calls me when she needs to a ride to get food or get things done or have some questions or when she has no one to chill with... I just don't want to give her the cold shoulder.

So I can't be friends with her AT ALL? how should I go about this?

I am more leaning towards NOT helping her at all... unless she comes to her senses realizing she threw away everything we had for nothing, which I KNOW WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

I just dont wanna be a ******. but if she SERIOUSLY asks me, hey I need help moving, what the hell should i say? "get the hell away from me you slut heartbreaker?"

You don't have to be nasty to just say 'no' -despite the temptation towards name calling !

You are not being an ******* nor a ****** in protecting yourself from being hurt. There is no law that says you have to stay friends with an ex. It isn't either a good thing or a bad thing to do. Some can, some can't. The fact that you are veering up and down between love and hate, and still seeing her and doing things for her does not sound at all good for you. You will only settle your emotions down if you do not see her again.

You can only be used by someone if you let them do it... you are letting her do it because you want to get back with her. Your head knows it ain't ever gonna happen, your heart is hanging on to her. You need time and space to let your heart catch up with your head. I honestly think you have to cut the cord that is tying you to this girl. This means not seeing her. Sorry, but that is the bottom line here. Because basically my little dumpling - YOU are not friends with her. YOU want more.

You can explain to her that it is hurting you to keep up this contact with her, and that it is unfair of her to keep asking you to do things for her when she knows full well you still have feelings for her. . Or say that on reflection you don't want to be just friends with her, and therefore it is not appropriate to keep up the contact. Or anything along those lines.

Or, simply have an excuse every time she asks you to go out with her, or talk to her. 'I'm sorry, I am busy that evening... sorry, but I can't manage that .... I'm afraid I can't help you with that. .. I'm in the middle of something right now, I can't talk .... I don't have time to help with your move right now, you should ask someone else.

Or - I have thought about it and I don't want to help you move, I suggest you ask someone else.

She ought to get the hint. Don't enter into any long discussions with her where she will try to persuade you. Say no - mean no.

You know it makes sense!:D

It is hard to say no to someone you still love but you may also be helping her to move on too if you follow Jaguarandi's (or Jag for short :) I couldn't stand the thought of being with someone who didn't want me. To want to kiss someone who didn't want to kiss me ? uggh, that would be so painful.

Grackle said:
It is hard to say no to someone you still love but you may also be helping her to move on too if you follow Jaguarandi's (or Jag for short :) I couldn't stand the thought of being with someone who didn't want me. To want to kiss someone who didn't want to kiss me ? uggh, that would be so painful.

The jaguarundi is happy with jag for short.

And you are wise Grackle, not to want to kiss someone who doesn't want to kiss you. And Uggh doesn't cover it for the OP, I suspect! More of an AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH, possibly.....

Agreed. Best way to get over it is to start creating possibilities for yourself have some pride and not obsess over it. Millions other things to do, see, go, people to meet.

Latest posts

Back