Need help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian36

Reaction score
Been stuck in the house for about 10 years now. I leave but don't really have any contact with people. I'm pretty bad off. Just trying to hold conversations with people gives me anxiety attacks. I'm trying to leave the area I'm living in because its the main cause of my problems. Add to that a mentally ill family who also made the situation possible.

Anyways, I'm not really sure how to get out. I don't have any money to leave and going to work where I'm currently living is out of the question. I live in a small town in the deep south and the people treat me horribly because I'm not native. I signed up for classes in another state this spring but it fell through when I found out I wouldn't be receiving my aid until a month after classes started. Some kind of dumb government rule/law.

All I know is I have to get out some way or another as I can't live like this any more. I just can't live like this for another year. I'm falling apart mentally and physically. I honestly haven't had a friend or anyone to talk to in 20 years since my nutcase father moved me to this shithole. I tried leaving when I was younger but he and his narcissistic mother used threats, intimidation, lies and manipulation to keep me here. Apparently I'm supposed to live with them here for the rest of their lives while sacrificing my own life and happiness to do so. Did I mention she's a narcissist and he's a control freak and nut?

If someone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Holy honeysuckle Brian......

Your issues seem pretty dire. I'm not sure what help a site like this can offer. You seem to have a multitude of problems.....try to focus on one thing and follow through with it until it shows some results.....the classes in another state seems like a good idea. Keep at it and sign on somehow for the next semester. Maybe that's a good reason to find a place of your own to live. Is there any financial aid available?

Keep coming back to this site and talk to us.....I'm interested in hearing what's up with you.

BTW, my family has mental health issues too.....in fact I live with my 91 year old mood disordered mother.....so I'm sympathetic!

I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. I know this can't be easy. I know that trying to get out and live on your own seems nearly imposssible.. but its not. Are there any shelters nearby? Any places that you can stay while you get on your feet? Places that have job coaches to help you find work, and people to help budget your money?

I know all of that seems like such a heavy load to think about, but it is a great option to get out there and begin your life away from people that are sucking the life out of you. Just rememeber, you are not them and you are not fated to live the way they do.

Keep coming here for support. Reach out to people in the community and see if there are places that can help. You could start by asking your Doctor, thats a great place to start.

Many hugs being sent to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back