Need Ideas to Pass Time.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ak5

Reaction score
As some know I'll be attending High School as a Sophomore (2nd semester) this January. I've been homeschooled for all of High School and I'm really excited on seeing other people for the first time in more than a year! Ironic, for a long time in my life I always hated school, now I can't wait to go back lol.

Problem is, that's everything I think about. I study every day and then for the rest I just think and converse with myself about going to school. At one point it gets very boring. I don't really have any hobbies and I hate going outside because I'm always alone.

Ideas anyone? (except gaming haha, got that at least)

Thanks! XD

Go out walking somewhere, I do it all the time, depending on where you walk you might have a chance of meeting someone

Ak5 said:
As some know I'll be attending High School as a Sophomore (2nd semester) this January. I've been homeschooled for all of High School and I'm really excited on seeing other people for the first time in more than a year! Ironic, for a long time in my life I always hated school, now I can't wait to go back lol.

Problem is, that's everything I think about. I study every day and then for the rest I just think and converse with myself about going to school. At one point it gets very boring. I don't really have any hobbies and I hate going outside because I'm always alone.

Ideas anyone? (except gaming haha, got that at least)

Thanks! XD

What about cycling ?

Or take up golf !

Fvantom said:
Go out walking somewhere, I do it all the time, depending on where you walk you might have a chance of meeting someone

I would specifically go places with people there.

You should try and become more comfortable with social situations seeing as high-school is a never ending social situation.

Get some interesting stories and experiences under your belt.

Play an instrument.

May I suggest the trombone or perhaps the good old tambourines for something simpler/cheaper?

lol jk play the guitar... you might be able to get chicks that way as a bonus.

FunkyBuddha said:
Fvantom said:

I would specifically go places with people there.

You should try and become more comfortable with social situations seeing as high-school is a never ending social situation.

Get some interesting stories and experiences under your belt.

True.

Felix said:
Play an instrument.

May I suggest the trombone or perhaps the good old tambourines for something simpler/cheaper?

lol jk play the guitar... you might be able to get chicks that way as a bonus.

I like your thinking Felix. :p

condemnedsoul666 said:
Swim to Scotland.

Or, if you don't that idea I got lots more so just ask....hehehehehe...

I only swim a little. I could try! The Atlantic doesn't seem so bad...

Hi Ak5!

Have you considered a going to a gym? Maybe workout or play some basketball? It's a great scene to be in because most of those who are taking part in these activities are always looking to improve themselves in some sort of way in their lives.

I'm not saying that you need to improve your life. It's just a good atmosphere to meet people while working on you physical and mental health. You will become harder, stronger and your confidence will skyrocket.

Tust LK on this one.:)

Hi dear ,
For passing your time you should join the gym, do yoga, swimming etc. These are good activists for passing your time and these are helpful for your health.

I'm thinking going to the gym, or doing some (one-man) sport (so you don't have to worry about other people there, but just relax), me too. It can be like a little project, doing it regularly and getting better at it.

Then I'd say go to places where there are people, just like FunkyBuddha said. On those day's when I've had a lot of contact with a lot of different people, I simply haven't had time to worry and dwell on each and every encounter, which actually made me relax . Though, sometimes that makes me feel overloaded instead...

How nice to hear you're on your way back to High School now, by the way :)

LoneKiller said:
Hi Ak5!

Have you considered a going to a gym? Maybe workout or play some basketball? It's a great scene to be in because most of those who are taking part in these activities are always looking to improve themselves in some sort of way in their lives.

I'm not saying that you need to improve your life. It's just a good atmosphere to meet people while working on you physical and mental health. You will become harder, stronger and your confidence will skyrocket.

Tust LK on this one.:)

They have a policy that no-one under 16 alone. Weird right? They require ID. So by January I'll be able to go (my birthday). I also work out at home and I got some equipment, talk to my parents lol.

I've never heard of one-man sports but it can be a good idea for me aslo Guld! Thanks :)

Felix said:
Play an instrument.

I wouldn't suggest the Tuba, if you have neighbours and say you plan on playing it in a conservatory.

And yes I speak from experience! :p

Ak5 said:
I've never heard of one-man sports but it can be a good idea for me aslo Guld! Thanks :)

Oh, one-man sports as in not team-sports :D I just translated that directly from Swedish :p

LOL @ one handed sport, a 15 year old should easily think of a one handed sport to play by yourself.

Yep, I went there.

Once you are in high school you'll have access to a lot of activities, sports, clubs, fundraisers. Maybe your high school will let you sit in on some classes or spend some time there, that way you can get to know people.

Sci-Fi said:
LOL @ one handed sport, a 15 year old should easily think of a one handed sport to play by yourself.

Yep, I went there.

Once you are in high school you'll have access to a lot of activities, sports, clubs, fundraisers. Maybe your high school will let you sit in on some classes or spend some time there, that way you can get to know people.

Oh honeysuckle, your right about that one handed sport!

Lol, good one. :p

On a serious note: I don't think it's going to be possible now to start getting to know people. I already got the list of activites and clubs to join so I'm pretty happy with what they have.

Jilted John said:
You are 15 years old,and asking people how to pass the time? Climb some damned trees or something!

Oh so that's what the people did before the invention of electricity!

Latest posts

Back