Need some help please

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedHitman

Reaction score
I'm 20yo and finally decided to go to a community college after doing nothing with my life living with my parents and being a waste of space. I've been suffering from depression and anxiety for 3 years now. I decided I needed to make a change in my life, so I went to college.

First day of school In math class I met this woman(also her first time in college) who was majoring to be a RN. We talked a bit and it was nice. When class was over I walked her to her next class, we hugged and I went home. We've only know each other for a day but I can't stop thinking about her. We have math together monday and wednesday. So we only see each other 5 hours a week. She's really nice and friendly and I want to get to know her more. I was thinking maybe after we get to know each other a bit more I get her number and we do something. But I don't know. What's making me really anxious is the fact that I don't have a car, so that might be a problem. I'm perfectly fine without one, I prefer riding the bus anyways. I just don't know if she'd be ok with it, like if we were to date we'd have to take the bus. Also, I don't technically have a job. My aunt owns a few businesses and she has me help her with things. It's not like a stable job, It's only when she needs me. But still tho, the money's not bad and I can pay for a date.

Anyways, I'd like some help on what to do here. I've never actually went on a date so the thought of us going out alone is kinda nerve wrecking. But I felt comfortable when I was with her.

Heey there, sounds exciting! One thing i notice right away that you focus on the negative things and how that might negatively influence a date. Not having a car, not having a job you would want to have, while in reality, you've taken a big step to change your life for the better by going to college, and that is a very positive thing, remember that!

If you two have a good time together she shouldn't mind a bus ride either, think about it, you don't have to focus on the road so you can talk even more.

What i would personally do is wait for one or at most two weeks and see if the feelings stay the same as they are now, and make a move then. Also, i'd ask for her number before going on a date. Bare in mind that i'm probably just as inexperienced as you are, so don't put too much trust in those two. :p

StonedHitman said:
I'm 20yo and finally decided to go to a community college after doing nothing with my life living with my parents and being a waste of space. I've been suffering from depression and anxiety for 3 years now. I decided I needed to make a change in my life, so I went to college.

First day of school In math class I met this woman(also her first time in college) who was majoring to be a RN. We talked a bit and it was nice. When class was over I walked her to her next class, we hugged and I went home. We've only know each other for a day but I can't stop thinking about her. We have math together monday and wednesday. So we only see each other 5 hours a week. She's really nice and friendly and I want to get to know her more. I was thinking maybe after we get to know each other a bit more I get her number and we do something. But I don't know. What's making me really anxious is the fact that I don't have a car, so that might be a problem. I'm perfectly fine without one, I prefer riding the bus anyways. I just don't know if she'd be ok with it, like if we were to date we'd have to take the bus. Also, I don't technically have a job. My aunt owns a few businesses and she has me help her with things. It's not like a stable job, It's only when she needs me. But still tho, the money's not bad and I can pay for a date.

Anyways, I'd like some help on what to do here. I've never actually went on a date so the thought of us going out alone is kinda nerve wrecking. But I felt comfortable when I was with her.

Don't be so materialistic dude.
She hugged you because there was something about you that she liked.
Stripped of our belongings and social status, we can't help but only be ourselves.

Don't make a point to her of how you imply to not deserve her attention due to your lack of wealth. In all, things seem to be going really good for you, don't take her out on a date though, better get her to a party or something like that and just THEN make it into a date. If anything goes wrong, there's always the excuse that one of you "was drunk."

try to stop worrying and just go with whatever happens.

Be prepared that she may not be as nice next time you meet. Sorry to be such a downer but you've only met her once right ?

Thanks for the tips guys. Part of the reason I wanted to go to college was to improve my confidence and be more social and to stop being so negative all the time.

A lot of people that are in college don't have amazing jobs, as well as ride the bus rather than drive, so don't worry about that. Dates don't have to be expensive to be good, find stuff she likes and go from there on planning the date.

Latest posts

Back