New Friend Leaving

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colette

Reaction score
A new friend of mine came by today for tea and she informed me that she's thinking of moving away. In all honesty I didn't even blink. I told her I thought it would be the best thing for her. I don't think I have the energy to be sad about being left again. I've lost so many friends and was happy to have made a new one. But this is how life goes. I'm believe we'll keep in touch because I travel near the area she may be moving to at least four times a year.

Basically, I hope we'll keep in touch.

Colette said:
A new friend of mine came by today for tea and she informed me that she's thinking of moving away. In all honesty I didn't even blink. I told her I thought it would be the best thing for her. I don't think I have the energy to be sad about being left again. I've lost so many friends and was happy to have made a new one. But this is how life goes. I'm believe we'll keep in touch because I travel near the area she may be moving to at least four times a year.  

Ah, lifes sting can come in many forms, and friends going is one of them, sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you may find a new friend soon.

Ash.

thats what i had happen to me in the past, friends had to leave, or we had to move, now it was a case of i moved ,but my so called friends were not true, because they did not keep in touch, you never know the real decency of a person, till the friendship is tested with distance, true friends keep in touch, i have a few still in touch now and then with me, but i lost the friends i thought were my closest!:(
Hopeiseternal said:
Colette said:

Ah, lifes sting can come in many forms, and friends going is one of them, sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you may find a new friend soon.

Ash.

I have also had the experience of making new friends only to lose them after they moved, or I had moved. I have felt like getting away and trying to start things over in a new place so many times, but each time it just meant that I was further distancing myself from my good friends that I grew up with. I would still visit them from time to time, but now I'm seeing all of that past strain on our relationships working against us, as I hear from them rarely nowadays. And, each time I tried to start anew in a new place, I was always reluctant to get too close to people, since I knew that I would eventually be leaving, and I knew that the whole keeping in touch thing has never really worked out for me. Maybe people are better off staying in the same place their whole lives, so they can maintain and strengthen their relationships with the friends they cherish most.

There's this great Dylan song, called "Bob Dylan's Dream," where he talks about the friends of his early life, the great fun that they had together, and how it is now gone... It gives me a feeling similar to what I am getting from this board when I see that other people are experiencing loneliness and losing friends. It gives me some bit of solace, but I still feel a chill of fear and uncertainty about what it really means (i.e. that song and why we are all here posting).

Latest posts

Back