new guy in town

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim540

Reaction score
Hi
I'm Jim, I am 49 years old married with children, only one left at home. Yea, I know I shouldn't feel lonely but I do.

When I was a kid I always had plenty of freinds. When I got older I had less and less time for freindships out side of my family. That was fine at the time.

In recent years, as the kids have been getting old enough to move out to start their lives I have started to feel more and more lonley.

I am finding that my wife and I have less to connect with. She has only had to work part time occasionaley and finds maintaining friendships easy.

It is strange that I could be in a house full of people but still find myself feeling lonley. But I do, often.

I also know that many people would look at my life and consider me lucky. I guess I feel a little guilty about feeling as alone as I do.

Yea, that sounds as pathetic to me as it dose to you.
How sad is that?

Anyway, I stumbled onto this forum and decided to give it a go.
That's me.

Jim

Cool, you found it. Welcome again. :)

I just thought of the movie the Out of Towners, have you seen it? I think it came out around 2000. Anyway maybe some of your loneliness is a bit of empty nest syndrome? If I remember right I think the movie is about that.

Hey Jim, welcome to the forum! I think I understand what you mean about having a house full of people but still feeling alone. Anyway, hope you'll find what you're looking for here. Lots of great people to talk to on this forum.

Wow!
Thank you all for such a warm welcome!
I can see that signing up to the forum was a good idea.
Anyone else out their lurking like I was please join in.
I already feel like family!
Thanks again guys!

Jim540 said:
Wow!
Thank you all for such a warm welcome!
I can see that signing up to the forum was a good idea.
Anyone else out their lurking like I was please join in.
I already feel like family!
Thanks again guys!

You are part of the ALL family. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here. :)

Latest posts

Back