New--hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywoodjules

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I joined up because I, too, have struggled with loneliness.

I have lived in L.A. for the past nine years, and it is a city in which I have found it's very difficult to make meaningful, lasting friendships. Sure, I meet people, but they either live so far away on the other side of the city, have families, already have loads of friends and don't seem to be looking for more, or are very flaky and cancel plans.

My loneliness has also been amplified by the fact that I was divorced three years ago. I am now engaged and live with my fiance and his 5-year-old son (he's with us 50% of the time). That has been such a struggle, as I don't want kids of my own, and when the kid is around, he is very difficult and takes up nearly all of my fiance's time. Sometimes I feel like an outsider in my own home, as it is very small and I don't have any real space to call my own.

I've also been challenged as of late with health problems, specifically an incurable bladder disease that is quite painful. It's difficult to talk about this with anyone because your bladder isn't something that usually comes up in every day conversation! I don't have much of a support network, and my family is 2500 miles away.

I'm a fun, smart, good person, but I just feel isolated and often depressed. I just want to make some connections with others who feel the same. Thanks!

Welcome. I just had a friend who moves to the L.A. area, trying to be a musician in CA (futile, I know(although his music isn't that bad at all)). He feels very similar in regards to the hardships of making friends in the area and even more so on the area he lives in due to the diversities of languages. Glad to hear from you though.

Latest posts

Back