New here and so very lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samhazy

Reaction score
So, who am I? I am 48 years old, female, living in Canada. I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, hypertension, sleep apnea and a binge eating disorder. I lost both my parents in the past 10 years and have been left as defacto head of the family to an older autistic sister and a younger sister who loves her work but can't keep her head above water financially and keeps getting bailed out by yours truly.

My parents came from England back in the 50s and the rest of their families stayed in England. Consequently, now that they are gone, I have no family within arm's reach aside from the two sisters above.

I never had children, never really had a boyfriend aside from one deliriously happy semester in university which ended disasterously when he got debarred from school and dumped me. My physical limitations from the arthritis and the morbid obesity totally isolate me and if I wasn't working full time I would never see another soul from week to week I swear.

Sometimes I think that I keep the weight on to keep myself so isolated, other times I think that food is the one thing I do have left in this life that gives me comfort. I feel so inadequate around other people that I feel like I don't have much to contribute and so it is just easier this way. I have an off and on issue with checking train schedules for ones that go through my home town really fast that I could jump in front of.

So, that is the short story. Am I screwed up? **** straight. Hoping for some others who have maybe been there and are coming out the other side.

Welcome!
By the way it is very, very beautiful of you to take care of your family like you do.
Ha, its sort of tear inducing, thank you for doing that.

hey .. you have made a good move by reaching out to us...

I have touched the depths of loneliness that you had mentioned here. I was obese as a kid and in college.. and i know how it is to be ignored by everyone.. but i never gave up the hope of a tomorrow where everyone would see just me..

... now i lost all those extra pounds with lot of hard work and sacrifice.. and today when my old friends see me and say.. ."You have Totally Changed" i just reply... i haven't changed even a wee bit .. Only the way you see me has changed!!

so, never think negative.. they bring negative results.. think positive.. respect and love life..

Never give up.., keep fighting with never-ending courage for a better tomorrow.. it will surely come... good luck..!!

Latest posts

Back