New here from DC

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jj983

Reaction score
Hi all, I don't really remember how I found this place and it's taken a little bit to actually sign up and now post this, but I figure I should say hi. I got dumped by my girlfriend of nearly a year about a month ago and have been feeling very lonely. While she wasn't the only person I spent time with in our time together, a lot of my time was with her, so I'm finding myself with a lot of time on my hands. Yesterday was especially difficult as I apparently didn't end up on any friends' Thanksgiving invite lists, so I ended up having dinner with a friend at a kinda bad restaurant followed by drinking at the one bar open in my neighborhood. It was fun, but I still found my thoughts drifting to the ex. We had actually talked a little in the morning when she messaged me to let me know she was thankful and grateful for me. Our relationship had ended not due to any lack of love or any particular event, but just an ongoing feeling that we weren't quite right for each other. It makes things a bit harder.

Anyway, I don't really know what I hope to get from this place, but maybe I just wanted to vent.

Hey, I'm in DC :)

Hello!

Sorry you are feeling lonely due to your recent breakup. Maybe it was for the best, but that doesn't mean you won't feel lonely.

You sound really down… :/

Thanks. I have my good days and my bad days. Yesterday was just a very bad one. It was a year to the day that we first told each other we loved each other, so I was a bit emotional until I started getting on with the day. In any case, there's a lot of me that does think it's for the best as she has some very serious issues she is not dealing with in a constructive or healthy manner, but that doesn't really make it any easier. It's just tough losing someone I connected with very, very deeply, especially considering we both still have those feelings for each other.

All that said, I am very thankful for the close friends I have who have been very supportive of me, but I do worry that they're getting annoyed by me some, even if they're not saying it.

jj983 said:
Thanks. I have my good days and my bad days. Yesterday was just a very bad one. It was a year to the day that we first told each other we loved each other, so I was a bit emotional until I started getting on with the day. In any case, there's a lot of me that does think it's for the best as she has some very serious issues she is not dealing with in a constructive or healthy manner, but that doesn't really make it any easier. It's just tough losing someone I connected with very, very deeply, especially considering we both still have those feelings for each other.

All that said, I am very thankful for the close friends I have who have been very supportive of me, but I do worry that they're getting annoyed by me some, even if they're not saying it.

I'm really glad to hear that you have a circle of friends you can rely on. Many on here don't have the benefit of a social support group like that. It can be a real help in being more resilient to things when life throws you curve balls.

(hugs) We all have good days and bad days. On ALL we are here for all of them. :)

My friends have been invaluable, and I'm glad to have them. At least one has expressed the same to me, so that's all good.

Latest posts

Back