new here too

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

familyless guy

Hi all
Wouldn't know where to begin to tell the whole story, but briefly:

I'm lonely amongst friends - supposedly have a few, but none I'm able to count on.

I was lonely at work - many reasons (political, imposed isolation, etc.) - but left work for that & various other reasons.

I'm lonely in a relationship of sorts - loooong story.

I'm lonely because all immediate family died on me - yet another looong story. Most of the few distant relatives left have broken off communications.

All the insufferable loneliness has left its mark - frequent depression and anxiety. I usually manage (barely), but it's existing, not living as I see it.

So perhaps I'll hang out here for a while. Sounds like lots of you are where you are for a variety of reasons.

Sounds like you have a lot of stories to tell,,

ppl are hear for variety of reasons but for what ever road we took to get hear we all feel the same in that we have all been lonely at some point in owe life's.

Hope it works out well for you in the end,, look forward to hearing moor from you and welcome to hear :)

Hi,

Welcome to the site, I'm new here too.

It's weird to hear so many people struggling, I guess the isolation of loneliness makes you think all your problems are unique.

You sound like you're having a tough time. I'd like to give you the old "it'll all get better with time" speech, but to be honest I'm having a tough time myself and don't actually believe all that nonsense right now.

I guess that's the downside of suffering depression and anxiety.

I'm sorry to hear about your family losses, I'm apart from my family, but that's through their choice. So I guess it's not the same.

I won't spout on about false hope, but I will say I can empathize and in some way understand what you're feeling. In spite of my own self loathing and loneliness, please feel free to talk to me anytime, either mail me or through the forums.

I'm too jaded and cynical to say I can offer any solutions, but I will listen and understand.

Maybe having someone to talk to might help.

Be good to you.

familyless guy said:
Hi all
Wouldn't know where to begin to tell the whole story, but briefly:

I'm lonely amongst friends - supposedly have a few, but none I'm able to count on.

I was lonely at work - many reasons (political, imposed isolation, etc.) - but left work for that & various other reasons.

I'm lonely in a relationship of sorts - loooong story.

I'm lonely because all immediate family died on me - yet another looong story. Most of the few distant relatives left have broken off communications.

All the insufferable loneliness has left its mark - frequent depression and anxiety. I usually manage (barely), but it's existing, not living as I see it.

So perhaps I'll hang out here for a while. Sounds like lots of you are where you are for a variety of reasons.

g1dders said:
Welcome to the site, I'm new here too.
Welcome to u too then. Looks like a site with a lot of sharing possible. Generally people don't wanna hear the word 'lonely', but here some should understand the situations that can lead to it.
You sound like you're having a tough time. I'd like to give you the old "it'll all get better with time" speech...
Thanks. Heard that before too, but time isn't my friend any more. Unlike most here I'm not in my 20s or 30s anymore. A part of me gets used to the loneliness. I try to frame it in terms of solitude, though that doesn't always work.
...please feel free to talk to me anytime, either mail me or through the forums.
Thanks. I'll check into the forum occasionally.
Oddly, I got locked out of lonelylife for a few days. Either mys ISP's DNS malfunctioned or the admin here locked out IP addresses. Strange. More loneliness ;)

Latest posts

Back