New here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironhorse

Reaction score
I hope to be able to share my own story and others learn from it. While at the same time I learn from others.

I'm a 44 year (almost 45) caucasian male who's spent nearly all his life single. I've not had a girl friend since H.S. And despite many attempts over the years since then, I've not managed to find anyone who'd date me.

I've tried forums like this before elsewhere and I must say that I found them to be anything but welcoming. Constructive criticism I expect, but making fun of someone's misfortune and name calling is of no benefit to me or anyone else. Therefore it is with much sincerity and a great deal of hope that this time and forum will be different from previous experiences.

Hey Ironhorse, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll have a good time here on this forum.

Welcome to the forum. One thing that makes this forum different from those others is we don't allow name calling.

Hey, I bet this forum will be nice surprise to you, people here are nice:) Hope you find comfort in here:)

Thank you all... I appreciate the warm welcoming :)

I hope in the very near future to share my experiences so that others can learn from my errors, and maybe I learn a little more from them as well? Anyhow, I need to learn my way around this site some before I go to posting up things. I sure wouldn't want to offend the moderators for mistakenly putting something in the wrong forum. Plus I need to do a little work on my profile so that's it a bit more informative. However, right now I can't say or do a whole lot as my work load just went into overload unexpectedly. I got word this morning my co-worker will be off due to illness the rest of this week. Which means long hours and long days for me, as I try to carry out both of our task.

Anyhow, I do look forward in the week and weeks ahead to hear from you all. I got some dandy tales to tell, some will make you laugh and others read like a tragedy that'll break your heart. However, there is one thing I wish to make clear right up front, I'm not at all lonely. Yes, I'm single but I make the best of it. Though you'll probably scratch your heads as to why that is in due time. It's a mystery to me as well? One in which I hope to discover some answers that'll explain it.

Welcome to the site :)

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your workload. Hang in there and hope your week stays bearable at least.

Thanks again everyone :)
I've been thinking this over the last couple of days as to what I should discuss (post) first? Being new here and all I'm sort of at a loss, as to what to discuss, any suggestions?

Ironhorse said:
Thanks again everyone :)
I've been thinking this over the last couple of days as to what I should discuss (post) first? Being new here and all I'm sort of at a loss, as to what to discuss, any suggestions?

Ironhorse said:
I've not had a girl friend since H.S. And despite many attempts over the years since then, I've not managed to find anyone who'd date me.

^^ That might be a good place to start since it's something you've already mentioned? :)

EveWasFramed said:
Ironhorse said:
I've not had a girl friend since H.S. And despite many attempts over the years since then, I've not managed to find anyone who'd date me.

^^ That might be a good place to start since it's something you've already mentioned? :)

Fair enough... But where should I post it? meaning in what forum? And what should I say?

You can post it in the "Issues" area of the forum if you like. There are several sub-forums there - you just need to decide which one best fits. As for what to say, well that's really up to you. Some members like to be very detailed while others just give a brief accounting of something. Perhaps you'd like to share why you think that, after many attempts, you haven't "managed to find anyone to date" you?
That seems to be something that a number of members have the same kind of issues with.

EveWasFramed said:
You can post it in the "Issues" area of the forum if you like. There are several sub-forums there - you just need to decide which one best fits. As for what to say, well that's really up to you. Some members like to be very detailed while others just give a brief accounting of something. Perhaps you'd like to share why you think that, after many attempts, you haven't "managed to find anyone to date" you?
That seems to be something that a number of members have the same kind of issues with.

Thank you... And thank you for giving me the guidance to where I should post such a thing. I'll try to do so in the near future, I don't believe I'll be able to get to that right now. Besides it's probably best I gather my thoughts on the subject, so as to make the best post possible...

Again thanks :)

Latest posts

Back