New Here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meow

Reaction score
Hi from Arizona. About 5 years ago, I decided to drive to the airport one morning out of the blue, where I rented a car and then drove as far north west as I could to get away from my life. When I came back, after a few more bad decisions and several hospitalizations later, I was diagnosed with Bipolar (the ultra manic, rapid cycling kind). I had a bunch of friends, one even for 13 years and a couple that knew me for 10+ years and I was very active with my neighbors and local community groups. After being put on meds that completely changed my personality (turned me into a zombie that slept 12+ hours each day), I was mortified to tell anyone anything about the last 5 years and slowly shut EVERY... SINGLE... PERSON... out. I started getting really self destructive, using drugs, hanging out with bad people, bringing homeless people home, letting them use me, etc. Anyway, long story short, after my last hospitalization, I'm finally on decent meds now, I'm not a zombie.

I met one person about 6 months ago. We hang out often. He's all I have and I think it's vice versa. We're in love. I don't know where I'd be without him. We do have a couple mutual friends, but we're horrible at keeping in touch. Maybe I'll be able to slowly fix all of that though. Keep in touch with people, make new friends, get back into old hobbies/groups, etc.

I'm 36 years old, have been through and lived alot. Feel free to message me if you're looking for a buddy and think we'd get along.

Hey meow and welcome to all. Sounds like youve been through quite a lot, i hope being here helps you.

Hello. Yes, you've certainly been through a lot. I'm glad to hear you are on the right meds though now.

Welcome to ALL.

I guess you can't edit posts on here. But I just wanted to update my whole introduction thingie.

My boyfriend broke up with me pretty much hours after I introduced myself in here.

Meow said:
I guess you can't edit posts on here. But I just wanted to update my whole introduction thingie.

My boyfriend broke up with me pretty much hours after I introduced myself in here.

Meow, I'm so sorry to hear about that. What happened?

I hope you stay strong. *hugs* :(

Welcome here + am very sorry hear bout ur break up... am new here too + gone through a break up last year.. wanna talk bout it?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support, but, I don't want to talk about it. I'm not even sure if I'll be sticking around here yet... I've never been a member of anything like this. I guess I'll try it out though.

Sorry to hear that, Nuzzy and hello to a fellow newbie! Do you want to talk about anything you're going through? I'm a good listener and can give you some advice if you'd like.

^*hugs*

Hope you'll find some peace despite all that you're going right now. Take care, Meow.

Meow said:
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support, but, I don't want to talk about it. I'm not even sure if I'll be sticking around here yet... I've never been a member of anything like this. I guess I'll try it out though.

Sorry to hear that, Nuzzy and hello to a fellow newbie! Do you want to talk about anything you're going through? I'm a good listener and can give you some advice if you'd like.

Duh.. I do think you should stick around. this place is so awesome... :)
If u are feeling bad then you should talk.. If u think u can cope with it then i guess it is fine.

Thanks for the offer.. Anyways I just coped up with it and moved on.. Life is starting to feel good.. :)

Latest posts

Back