Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul14

Reaction score
hi i'm a 50 year old male going thru a divorce now for nearly a year, living alone and the bordom is driving me crazy. i do work with the public and i do have family to visit but none of these seem to help i am just so lonley, some days are better than others but today i am at an all time low so hence the joining of this forum, not sure if it's going to help me, but i will be posting to try to help others.

thank you for your time and patience reading this.

paul.

Hi Paul
Welcome aboard.
I know how difficult it is being alone after a relationship has come to an end.
The boredom can make the loneliness worse. Some people find it helps to try to fill up their time. What do you enjoy doing ?
This forum can also offer good support too.

Hi Paul.
I'm John. Sorry you're going through a hard time at the moment, been where you are now,it's a terrible time just waiting for the lawyers,while they try to wring out as much money as they can from your misfortune,but it will get better,honest.

Firefly said:
Hi Paul
Welcome aboard.
The boredom can make the loneliness worse. Some people find it helps to try to fill up their time. What do you enjoy doing ?

thanks firefly for your reply, what makes it worse was i was marriedto a very possesive woman so this might sound a bit odd but i found it a little hard to do things i used to like whilst married so at the moment a little depression as set in and untill i can pull my self out of this i just cant be botherd to do any thing, some people might call this feeling sorry for oneself but i assure you its not.

Jilted John said:
Hi Paul.
I'm John. Sorry you're going through a hard time at the moment, been where you are now,it's a terrible time just waiting for the lawyers,while they try to wring out as much money as they can from your misfortune,but it will get better,honest.

thanks john for the reply, yes tell me about it i'm at my wits end with my lawyer and just dont no what to do, she is just totally useless, was thinking about swapping but ive already spent a small fortune with her and dont really want to take the risk of having to pay out again with some one else.

Hi Paul,
I'm 52. I've been divorced for 28 years, been alone all that time. My children are grown and on their own now, so I know those moments when depression sinks in. I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with your lawyer. Hopefully, for your sake, all the legal stuff will be over quickly. Just know you are not alone. I'm here if you want to talk.

paul14 said:
Firefly said:
Hi Paul
Welcome aboard.

thanks firefly for your reply, what makes it worse was i was marriedto a very possesive woman so this might sound a bit odd but i found it a little hard to do things i used to like whilst married so at the moment a little depression as set in and untill i can pull my self out of this i just cant be botherd to do any thing, some people might call this feeling sorry for oneself but i assure you its not.

Jilted John said:
Hi Paul.

thanks john for the reply, yes tell me about it i'm at my wits end with my lawyer and just dont no what to do, she is just totally useless, was thinking about swapping but ive already spent a small fortune with her and dont really want to take the risk of having to pay out again with some one else.

I made the same mistake Paul.Female lawyers seem to come down on the side of the wife,even if they're supposed to be on your side!
Mine told me I would have to pay my(then)wife maintenance,even though she'd left me (and the children) for some young bloke.Because of her bad advice I eventually ended up losing my home,(which was just five years short of being paid for).
Cut your losses and get a good one,that's preferably on your side!

Latest posts

Back