Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've played the piano since I was 4 years old, but I just stopped learning last year at level 10. >__<;; I just enjoy playing at leisure, like recent anime songs or what not. I don't like takings months practicing the same song so I never get super good. :(

Ohh, the guitar. :O It's awesome that you're trying to self learn. I own a guitar and only self taught myself enough to know individual notes and a couple of chords. Not enough to play a nice song. :p Hope that goes well for you! As for the ocarina, I can't wait myself to play Zelda songs. :D There's this guy on youtube, docjazz4, who's amazing at playing the ocarina and actually played some anime songs too. Hopefully I'll get good enough to upload my own stuff.

This video particularly convinced me to buy an ocarina, though the one he uses here is much bigger and therefore lower an octave or two than what I purchased. Gives me the chills. :) I spent a good chunk of time studying ocarinas instead of studying for my midterms. xD

[video=youtube]

Level 10. Wow, I see :D. If you've been playing since 4 years old then... I bet you will be **** good.

I'm the same like, I really just like to play when I'm feeling it... I've uploaded 3 videos of guitar and vocals, but I'd never dare publicise them xD Better for the random's to see for now xD Playing really means a lot to me though, I composed a few songs based on how I feel too =x I really wish I owned like a grand piano like... It's my aim in life one day! :D

That video is absolutely amazing; it's gone straight into my favourites thank you! I'd love to hear some of your own stuff whenever you do get uploading. And omg check out all those ocarinas on his wall! I want oneeeee :DD

I really want to see your videos, especially your self-composed ones! It takes quite a bit of creativity to do it. But I get the shy thing so no pressure... for now. Maybe we can do a video exchange when I get rolling. :) Truth be told, I don't even have a grand piano, just an upright. =( It's my aim too one day.

Wasn't it? A lot of it had to do with the reverb, but it was still amazing. Ocarinas aren't that cheap when they are good quality, so he must have spent a fortune on all that. $_$

[EDIT] This feels more like PM content than posts on a thread really. :p Anyone reading this, feel free to jump in!

meekthoughts said:
[EDIT] This feels more like PM content than posts on a thread really. :p Anyone reading this, feel free to jump in!

I don't know much about music :( but I enjoy your conversation.

Talking about piano, I feel now like listening to some Bach or Chopin :p

(Although not as much as Laozi, I love Confucius)

silver birch leaves said:
I don't know much about music :( but I enjoy your conversation.

Talking about piano, I feel now like listening to some Bach or Chopin :p

(Although not as much as Laozi, I love Confucius)

I love Chopin, especially his Nocturnes. :) Very soothing, but difficult to play and express on the piano. Bach was an ambitious guy... he made all those preludes and fugues that I have trouble playing. xD Do you listen to classical music mostly, or other music genres as well?

I don't know too much about philosophers actually, but when I find a quote that I can really relate to and is very meaningful, it doesn't matter who it's by. Unfortunately, Confucius has become famous for the wrong reason - through fortune cookies. :p Any particular quote by Laozi you'd like to share?

My taste in music is extremely eclectic. Anyway, I love baroque music in general, but mostly short forms. Chopin is a relatively recent fascination, and I'm melting to his nocturnes :rolleyes: I can listen anything with piano (and organs and harpsichord), from Bach, through Richter playing Beethoven and JR Morton to Tori Amos. What do you enjoy playing and listening the most?

I'll think about a nice quote from Laozi :)

meekthoughts said:
Wasn't it? A lot of it had to do with the reverb, but it was still amazing. Ocarinas aren't that cheap when they are good quality, so he must have spent a fortune on all that. $_$

Yeah like... wow. How much would you say a good quality one is ? =o I guess it obviously depends on different types and so forth, but what's your opinion on the best ?

I'm gonna be boring and say I really like Mozart. I like artists that are unique and immediately recognisable. Listen to 5-10 seconds of a Mozart track, and you can usually tell that it's Mozart :)

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (another popular one) is probably one of my favourite piano pieces. I'd love to be able to play it :) Most piano players seem to side towards Fur Elise though... not sure why!

Thomas] said:
Yeah like... wow. How much would you say a good quality one is ? =o I guess it obviously depends on different types and so forth, but what's your opinion on the best ?

I'm gonna be boring and say I really like Mozart. I like artists that are unique and immediately recognisable. Listen to 5-10 seconds of a Mozart track, and you can usually tell that it's Mozart :)

Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (another popular one) is probably one of my favourite piano pieces. I'd love to be able to play it :) Most piano players seem to side towards Fur Elise though... not sure why!

Hmm, assuming we are talking about transverse/sweet potato ceramic ocarinas (the shape in Zelda OoT) you can get a good soprano/alto for ~$50, but good tenor/bass sell for ~$100-300. I would never buy one that expensive since if you drop it... *shivers* I personally got a wooden inline d-soprano ocarina (a different shape) because it's harder to break and woodwork is just so beautiful, costing me $42+shipping. I would have preferred the Zelda shape, but a wooden one costs minimum $300..
There, a mini-lesson for you. :D

I actually prefer playing Mozart over a lot of other composers because it's usually light and airy. The arrangement fits my fingers very naturally, unlike for Chopin where it feels sort of awkward to play at first. So that doesn't make you boring at all. =)

Moonlight Sonata is a beautiful song, and I much prefer it over Fur Elise. :O I've played it for many years, but I still can't get the tone to sound full to this day. :(

My taste in music is extremely eclectic. Anyway, I love baroque music in general, but mostly short forms. Chopin is a relatively recent fascination, and I'm melting to his nocturnes :rolleyes: I can listen anything with piano (and organs and harpsichord), from Bach, through Richter playing Beethoven and JR Morton to Tori Amos. What do you enjoy playing and listening the most?

I'll think about a nice quote from Laozi :)

I sort of answered your first question above. :p Forgive me for classifying all periods of earlier music as classical - it's just easier that way. In addition, I love playing music from anime/games and currents songs that I listen to, which leads to your next question. I very much enjoy soft rock, rock, pop, r&b, some country, some oldies... Well I suppose my taste in music is also very broad. :p

I'll be waiting for it. =D

I love baroque music in general, but mostly short forms.

I used to have to study a lot of Baroque when I studied music at school. Used to find the harpsichord sound really... enchanting? Dunno it's really hard to say. It has such a unique sound, I think Bach produced some really brilliant work from that period =]

meekthoughts said:
Hmm, assuming we are talking about transverse/sweet potato ceramic ocarinas (the shape in Zelda OoT) you can get a good soprano/alto for ~$50, but good tenor/bass sell for ~$100-300. I would never buy one that expensive since if you drop it... *shivers* I personally got a wooden inline d-soprano ocarina (a different shape) because it's harder to break and woodwork is just so beautiful, costing me $42+shipping. I would have preferred the Zelda shape, but a wooden one costs minimum $300..
There, a mini-lesson for you. :D

Omgoodness! Wow yeah those are pricey... Perhaps getting a Fairy Ocarina will be my 2nd goal xD

meekthoughts said:
I actually prefer playing Mozart over a lot of other composers because it's usually light and airy. The arrangement fits my fingers very naturally, unlike for Chopin where it feels sort of awkward to play at first. So that doesn't make you boring at all. =)

Mozart is just.. yeah exactly =] I really like his Rona Alla Turca actually. And erm.. I'll try to keep that last bit in mind :shy:

meekthoughts said:
Moonlight Sonata is a beautiful song, and I much prefer it over Fur Elise. :O I've played it for many years, but I still can't get the tone to sound full to this day. :(

Sure you can, I bet it sounds great! Put your heart and soul into it, and the tone will sound full =]

Latest posts

Back