New troubled member here!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nameless123

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm 20 years old guy from Portugal.

For all my life I've been having problems with friends. The true friends I've ever had, our relationships have gone from good to bad. Here are some examples:

- A few years ago I met a guy we started having a good friendship since the beginning. But after a few months, I started noticing that he had feelings for my (then) girlfriend and tried to steal her away from me. I tried to talk to him but he refused and that friendship ended.
- The same happened with my high-school best friend. We still see each other time to time but it's always embarassing.
- Another friend I had, we got along great until the time I caught him stealing money from me (this happened more than once).

I don't have trouble meeting people but I seem to befriend with the wrong ones. For that reason I've had loneliness follow me all my life. I have acquaintances but I don't consider them real friends because when I try to calling them to hang out on some bar ou club, they first agree but a few hours before the time arranged, they call me with some fake excuse.

Maybe this site will help me overcome my problems.

Thanks for reading.

If they steal from you, money or girlfriend, they aren't really friends. A lot of people take niceness for weakness.

Welcome to the forum.

hi nameless,welcome

nameless123 said:
Hello everyone.

I'm 20 years old guy from Portugal.

For all my life I've been having problems with friends. The true friends I've ever had, our relationships have gone from good to bad. Here are some examples:

- A few years ago I met a guy we started having a good friendship since the beginning. But after a few months, I started noticing that he had feelings for my (then) girlfriend and tried to steal her away from me. I tried to talk to him but he refused and that friendship ended.
- The same happened with my high-school best friend. We still see each other time to time but it's always embarassing.
- Another friend I had, we got along great until the time I caught him stealing money from me (this happened more than once).

I don't have trouble meeting people but I seem to befriend with the wrong ones. For that reason I've had loneliness follow me all my life. I have acquaintances but I don't consider them real friends because when I try to calling them to hang out on some bar ou club, they first agree but a few hours before the time arranged, they call me with some fake excuse.

Maybe this site will help me overcome my problems.

Thanks for reading.

hey nameless welcome to the forum

I'm sorry about the bad history of friends

there are good people in the world, they can just be hard to find

Latest posts

Back