New Years Eve!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooky2009

Reaction score
Anybody else dreading it? After all, it's the time when everybody gets together with their family and friends, and if you haven't got either, I think it can be quite depressing. :(

I know I have my other half and our two lovely doggies :D but it's always just us, no matter what night it is. :(

I was dreading the whole holiday season, until i got a surprise phone call on christmas eve, i was alone and so was he, so we talked all night. Now we are making plans to spend new years eve together, it will be just the two of us, but it is exiting, maybe its a new beginning for me !!!

I'm sure there will be people on here too, or maybe you should invite a few friends or family members, nothing big, playing cards etc. But honestly, if it wouldnt be for my date, i,d be spending it alone at home, with my friends here.

Well I’m in the no friends or family club and as much as I fear Christmas I dread New Year even more. I’m planning to get something nice from the supermarket during the day as a treat, get out of town before all the parties and revellers start (nothing sucks more than walking home and passing bars and clubs full of laughing people), do a major clean up when I get home and throw out all the junk I don't need, have a hot bath to wash away 2011 then watch a movie while eating dinner. I hate all those countdown shows on television so I may just go to bed before then.

Go 2012 :rolleyes:

Lost Drifter said:
Well I’m in the no friends or family club and as much as I fear Christmas I dread New Year even more. I’m planning to get something nice from the supermarket during the day as a treat, get out of town before all the parties and revellers start (nothing sucks more than walking home and passing bars and clubs full of laughing people), do a major clean up when I get home and throw out all the junk I don't need, have a hot bath to wash away 2011 then watch a movie while eating dinner. I hate all those countdown shows on television so I may just go to bed before then.

Go 2012 :rolleyes:

I think you have a good plan Lost Drifter! ;)

whispers, I don't have any friends or family to invite over. I hope you have a nice new year's eve with your new man and it is the start of something good....How exciting!! :)

Yes, New Year's Eve I'm dreading. Most of my few friends will be spending it with their SOs or going back to their home towns. The others don't seem to invite me for anything.
Seeing as I've spent enough evenings with my family this holiday season already, I might get a couple of good movies and watch them on my own. A bit depressing, but hey, it's only one day.

It is always nice to be in the middle of a party, friends, family.. but if you are not, you cant let that get you down.

I have already made my plans, I am going tonight, tomorrow and buying a few bottles of bubbly... chips, and I am making some coconut cupcakes.
I am going to watch the parties on TV till the ball drops, drink my bubbles.. and enjoy myself, alone or not.
I have downloaded a couple of movies... so I will pick one and probably fall asleep watching it as the night winds down (:)

New yrs day, I'm gonna make a plate full of eggrolls, and drink lots of sweet ice tea....... and again movies, or ROCKBAND.
Anyone care to join me?

Regarding women, this year has been the worst of my life !

Things have happened but it's all been honeysuckle !

I don't like all this 'new year, better luck' type of thing.

New years eve; the biggest let-down of the year. Expectations are high, disappointments fall harder.

I used to like it when I was younger as my mums family would have a big house party. I guess I'm lucky in that I have a lot of family even if I don't see them anymore.

My worse New Year's were when I was with my ex. I so wanted to spend it with him one year but he always refused. Felt like crap.

Now I'm not so bothered. I'll probably be on my own but at least there's no one I'm dying to be with.

My worst New Year's was 2000. It was going well at first. I watch the new year celebrations happen around the world. It was the big 2K event that never happened but the celebrations were fun. I was invited to a party by a married friend of mine back then (who also wanted to have an affair with me). She thought I should get out and go to a party and have fun.
Well the party consisted of 4 married couples and me. The married couples spent the entire time talking about things like sex. I spent the entire time about 1 foot from the tv eating an entire bowl of carrots. Not because carrots are good but because the crunching muffled the voices in the background. It was that or grab the knife on the other table and stab myself. So in essence the carrots kept me alive.
The next day my then friend told me it looked like I have a wonderful time at the party and must have loved it. i then point blank told her it was the worst night in my entire life and I spent the entire time trying to not stab myself to death.
She pretty much stopped talking to me after that.

It used to bother me. I used to think 'I should be out enjoying myself' - now I don't give a honeysuckle. I am hardly aware of it !

I'm just gonna buy a ton of alcohol and drink until I pass out. I'm so ready for the holiday season to be over. It's supposed to be the best time of the year but it sucks when you're alone. At least I can relax and not feel more lonely than usual until the 4th of July.

I'll most likely do what a few of you are doing (watch something, maybe drink, fall asleep around midnight). Jesus H. I suppose it's a fitting end to what's essentially been another wank year for me.

I may well just hang around on the site/in chat so I'll see whoever's about. As for the rest of you, hope you have a good NYE whatever your doing.

Would be great if we all lived near each other and just had a big party for all the members somewhere, eh?

This year with my honey and our dog. Withoi our family

Last yr..without my honey.
With my family.

We know how to party Down
And get rowdy. People watch
Us dance, make out, get really
Into our own world. We do
Have a great time...
It gets really out of hand sometimes.

She said she didnt want to go
Out drinking prior to the last
Incident. Our friemds inisisted
we just go have a few.
She hung on to me tightly that
Night when she was herself.
She loves me very much...

This spyro out of control...
The trip to the ER.
Her blood stain on the wall.
Many nights I spent alone
As she was in pysch ward.
Thing truned bad to worst.

Shes been home for a week now.
Shes doing better but not totally well or herself.
Its peaceful and calm at the moment.

I cherish her and every moment we have togeter...
Its feels like the cam before a storm...sometimes.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought New Hells EVE was tomorrow!
I work tomorrow!
now I have to wake up early on New Hells Day and be careful what kind of sleep meds I take tonight.
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on the other side of the country from my family and old friends. My bf has to work until 3 in the morning so I'll be on my own. In a lot of ways I'm use to it now. I don't like it, but I'll watch a movie and avoid shows where people are laughing at parties too. I have always been pretty social with my friends. I'm shy in new situations but once I feel comfortable I can talk and laugh. It's just that now I am so far away from what I know and my bf works so hard. I love him for it but I'm lonely....but, I'll get over it....no choice there....I hope you guys find a way to weather through the night. If it can't be a Happy new year, at least let it be a tolerable one.

Latest posts

Back