New years resolutions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to get in shape again, work out at least 5 days a week, eat healthy, cook often, lots of veggies, etc.

I have so many different thoughts about how I'd like my new year to be... I got few of those typical "quit smoking" & "save some money" & "try to eat & be more healthier" stuff but that's every year & after a while, they start to lose meaning... I wanna do something I've never done before & I'm talking about things that are realistic... I haven't figure out what they are yet...

Contribute to more charities (already started doing so recently).
Look into volunteer work - I want to do this but I'm not sure if I'm physically capable but hey, anything's possible, so we'll see.

I'll add more if I can think of any others I feel I will be able to achieve.

I don't make resolutions (because I always break them by January 2) but I've thought I'd like to become a better conversationalist.

Have you ever met someone who seems like they could talk to anyone about anything? I'm going to be one of those people. I have no idea at the moment how to do it but I will.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm boring and it's hard for me to connect to people. It's time to teach this old dog some new tricks :)

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
I don't make resolutions (because I always break them by January 2) but I've thought I'd like to become a better conversationalist.

Have you ever met someone who seems like they could talk to anyone about anything? I'm going to be one of those people. I have no idea at the moment how to do it but I will.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm boring and it's hard for me to connect to people. It's time to teach this old dog some new tricks :)

-Teresa
do you ask questions ?

BadGuy said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa
do you ask questions ?

Is this a test?
:D Just kidding
Yes, I do. I feel like I know most of the basics of being a good conversationalist but need to practice to be good at it. Sort of like any skill, I guess.

-Terea

I have many New Year's Resolutions.

The first is to get a job. I can't really move forward with the rest of my goals without money, and I just don't want this hanging over my head any more or stressing my family out. The anxiety from having to constantly look for jobs and talk about it drains me and makes me unable to relax and really get into any interests. Plus, I'll be turning 30 this year and I don't want to still be unemployed or underemployed by then. I used to be considered a smart person in school, and I want to feel like that again. I want to prove that I'm a capable person.

The second is that I want to start reading more. I've read tons of online articles, which have provided lots of advice, but I want to get back into books. I want to read more fiction, I want to get more influences. I think that would help get my creative juices flowing again.

The third is that I want to start seriously working on my story. I've been talking about it for a while now, but with the job search anxiety I haven't really been able to get in the mood to sit down and build my world. But I'm really itching to make progress this year.

The fourth is that I want to create a guitar practice schedule and stick to it. This is another one of those things that if I just did the thing as much as I've talked about it, I might actually be good by now - but fear got in the way. It's also another thing like my story, where I feel that if I don't start doing it now, I never will. I want to overcome my fear of a lack of talent and my fear of being too old once and for all. It feels good when I play, but without structure and clearly defined goals, I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere.

The fifth is I want to draw some more. Last year, for a while I was doing a couple drawings a day from this learn-to-draw book and noticed that I was indeed making some progress. It was fun, and I was surprised by my progress, but I stopped after a while because I got stuck in my head again about some things.

Sixth, it sounds silly but I want to finish working on my Star Wars roleplaying game quest. It's just something I've been talking about for years, and I want to finally do it instead of just talk about it forever.

Seventh, I want to live in the present more and be more optimistic. I've found myself getting caught up in so many things that I realize waste my time, such as reading articles about things I don't care about or sometimes don't even like, getting into pointless arguments online and in real life, and getting stuck in my head with all these fears and insecurities and worst-case scenarios. I still feel the Internet is useful and I won't abandon it, but I just want to make sure I'm not blowing whole days online with nothing to show for it. And I want to make sure I'm making the most out of the time I have with family and friends because it goes so fast. I want to make every day count.

And for my eighth bonus resolution, I want to get more prompt about answering my messages! This applies to here, my email address, Skype, Facebook, and anywhere I have an inbox. I'm sorry I've been so bad at keeping in touch and it's something I want to improve about myself. I am always glad to get messages and emails and I want to hear from you all again :)

Latest posts

Back